How long do you stay in the parks on a given day?

spectromom

The 1st time I was ever there, it was open to close. Now going on my 13th trip we have a system. We are always there when the park opens. We generally stay till about 2pm then head back to our resort to swim, rest and then back to the parks around 6pm and stay till around closing time.

mickey2008.1

we have never been to a park opening, but rather take our time and get there between 10-11, and then stay until closing. Last time in December we went to MK at 11pm until 1am! thats a first for us, and it was only30 degrees. Brrrrr!
DSCF2437-1.jpg

Absolutely empty. It was fun.

JIMINYCR

It all depends upon the month we go, the crowd conditions and the weather conditions. We usually get to a park close to opening, if it's an extremely hot day we will go back to the resort mid day to take a quick shower to refresh ourselves or have pool time. Then head out to the same park or park hop to another one to finish the day, always staying till closing. If it's a cool enough day we will not go back to the resort. If we find crowds too much of a headache we will move on to another park that's more enjoyable.

stelledelmare

We go open to close all the time because we don't mind getting up ealy at all. Nowadays we do AK when it opens, do everything we want to do there and then head over to DHS around 2 pm or so until that closes. But MK and Epcot are open to close. Unfortunately though for some reason when I went with my brother and sister last year, we went at opening and came back in the afternoon and didn't go back at night. Looking back on it, I think we must've been crazy because that's the first time we've ever done that. When we got back in 2 weeks though, that definitely won't be the case again. It felt so strange:lol:

scoobygirl39541

We always arrive for rope drop or very soon afterwards, this is our favourite time of day in the parks before the queues build and the sun gets too fierce! We stay until around 3 or 4 o'clock when we return to our hotel pool, beach or balcony to relax. We usually head out for the evening around 7, depending on where we are eating.

We don't often do evening magic hours as they seem extremely busy, are we missing out by leaving to early?

From my experience, the parks empty out after an hour into EMH. One year (maybe just this past year?) MK was open to 3am!! We walked on everything, but of course that's an extreme case. Even when the EMHs going to 11pm or midnight, the parks usually clear out significantly after an hour into them :xmas:

PhilharMagician

We are also AP'rs and also DVC. Our trips are typically 2 weeks long.

Most days are 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM in the morning till dark. We will stay for Illuminations 3 - 4 times during our trip, but typically only one view of wishes. Many times we will leave the parks and dine at a resort and then back to a park which is typically Epcot to relax and have a drink or two and watch Illumintations. We also have a few nights that will put us at mini golf instead of finishing the night out at the parks.

Basically we are out of the room each day by 8:30 AM and back at 10:00 AM on average. After 2 weeks we are pretty tired.

flyer31

When we go, we go for 2 weeks, allowing for 2+ days in each park. First round of park visits, it's open to close...second round we just "go with the flow"

disneygirl1

Coming up on my 10th trip and I think we are pretty much in the parks from open to close. Granted we may take a break to go swimming back at the resort or to go to a dining reservation, but that's about it.

EvilQueen-T

we've done and early breakfast at crystal palace, saw rope drop (from the inside) and stayed until the end of emh when you wonder if there's still a bus to take you back to your resort but that's mk. the other parks: epcot a full day but not necessarily as extreme as our mk days, dhs about 2/3 of a day, ak 1/2 a day max and that's taking time to stop, sit down, and have a drink or two.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom