How long can a FastPass+ line be?

mdcpr

Original Poster
I have a good handle on how to schedule Fast Passes, how they work, which attractions to get it for. But now, I'm not clear on how long can a FastPass+ line be.

If I have my 1st FP for 9-10 am, my 2nd FP for 10-11 am, and so forth, realistically, what is the waiting time in line with a Fast Pass? I'm trying to understand if a line with a popular ride (Frozen, Soarin) could be longer than 1 hour, therefore overlapping with my second FastPass.

Thank you!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
In general the FP+ line wait time tends to be 0-15 minutes.
But there are many factors like a breakdown etc that could effect that.
In theory a FP+ line could be 1hr+ but in practice it is rare that it would come to that.
Even if it is there are some things you could do for your next FP+ like use the 15 minute grace period window, try to modify, or if all else fails explain the situation to the CM at the attraction and they may override the system for you.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Really? As long as WDW wants it to be :).

Which brings up a HINT - for very popular attractions with short FP Queues (Peter Pan comes to mind) .... don't arrive at the END of your FP Window. You see, WDW never moves the MB SCANNING stations. You could get stuck in a long pre-queue, never make it to the scanner in time, and have your FP expire.

Patcheslee

What throws a wrench in things is long downtime before your FP window. Sure the FP changes to an anytime pass BUT ppl may still save it for the same ride. Own experience was TT was down multiple times by the time our window came around, the FP line was extended past the entrance. CM stated about 60 minute wait from the entrance.

JohnD

I have a good handle on how to schedule Fast Passes, how they work, which attractions to get it for. But now, I'm not clear on how long can a FastPass+ line be.

If I have my 1st FP for 9-10 am, my 2nd FP for 10-11 am, and so forth, realistically, what is the waiting time in line with a Fast Pass? I'm trying to understand if a line with a popular ride (Frozen, Soarin) could be longer than 1 hour, therefore overlapping with my second FastPass.

Thank you!

In my experience, I've never seen it happen with a FP. You should be okay. Unless the ride breaks down and you get an open-ended FP which can be used on the same ride or any other offerred ride before the end of the day.

If it helps, you can get in line for your FP 5 minutes before the official start time and you have until 15 minutes after the official end to use it.

HouCuseChickie

I often book my FPs like the scenario you've noted and have never had issues with the FP line pushing us into overlap. I like to ride as much standby as I can before using my 9-10am FP, then do the same before my 10-11am FP, and then exhaust my 11-12am FP as close to 11am as possible so I can start booking more FPs. I've also added the 5min early/15 min late approach into this to maximize time/attractions. It's worked really well for us and we've done this with things like SDMT, Space Mountain, Soarin', Test Track, etc.

The only time where we've had a longer FP time that got me worried was FoP. I want to say we waited something like 35-40 min to ride after scanning our bands to enter the FP line. Another person noted ride issues and it's really going to vary based on the attraction. We had a situation a couple of years ago where ToT wasn't fully operational. They were only letting people with FPs get in the line (which was slow moving), but they also broadened the window of when we could use that FP and lifted the restriction on booking additional FPs if that was in your list of FPs booked that you need to burn. So, you just never really know and plan as best as you can with knowledge of the basic system.

sallyslater

Thank you!

I’ve always used a Fastpass for Frozen and have never had over an hour wait (thankfully 😬) At the MOST I’ve waited maybe 30 minutes?! and Soarin’ shouldn’t be too bad either, it should be definitely less than an hour too!!

I don’t think I’ve ever waited over an hour with a Fastpass!!

Thingamabob

The only time I have had to wait in a FP line more than 5 minutes is when the ride had an issue and that was with Flight Of Passage and I had to wait just over 30 minutes.

ninjaprincesst

One thing to look out for is tour groups , I have seen a whole tour group show up to fastpass all at once and make the fastpass line almost as long as the standby line.

KikoKea

This Spring, we saw the HM FP line extend past Momento Mori (spelling?- the HM gift shop) several times. They ran the FP line through almost exclusively, so it went rather quickly, though. We also had the SM FP line stop about 1/2 through the queue. They move the line through, letting the standby line wait, but it took about 30 min.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom