How late does EMH last for Future World?

Pete C

I searced on this, read several EMH threads but didn't find anything on this. Since Future world tends to close at 7:00, how much is that extended during EMH? Is the World Showcase then extended by the same amount?

Next, EMH says that a park could be open up to 3 hours after closing...when do they tell you how late the EMH will last?

tigsmom

Pete C said:
I searced on this, read several EMH threads but didn't find anything on this. Since Future world tends to close at 7:00, how much is that extended during EMH? Is the World Showcase then extended by the same amount?

Next, EMH says that a park could be open up to 3 hours after closing...when do they tell you how late the EMH will last?

Anytime we've done EMH its always been the full 3 hours. Just take whatever closing time is posted and add three hours. They will announce when the park is closing over the PA system and you will have ample time to catch the transportation out of the parks.

If the park closes at 7 pm then EMH is from 7 till 10pm.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

tigsmom said:
Anytime we've done EMH its always been the full 3 hours. Just take whatever closing time is posted and add three hours. They will announce when the park is closing over the PA system and you will have ample time to catch the transportation out of the parks.

If the park closes at 7 pm then EMH is from 7 till 10pm.

Not all the rides close a 10p even if FW closes at 7p. They will leave certain ones open like Soarin, TT, M:S and Spaceship Earth, etc. (http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/emhour.htm) When we were there in January during a low time, they even had Turtle Talk open during EMH.

Upvote 0

Pete C

Original Poster
shoppingnut said:
Not all the rides close a 10p even if FW closes at 7p. They will leave certain ones open like Soarin, TT, M:S and Spaceship Earth, etc. (http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/emhour.htm) When we were there in January during a low time, they even had Turtle Talk open during EMH.

I don't know what you mean. If EMH lasts until 10pm some rides stay open past the 3 extra hours in FW??

Upvote 0

jaredliu

It is a bit confusing indeed. I got the sam question like you before. I phoned the WDW and they said that FW is "said" to be closed at 7 but most of the major rides such as M:S, TT and Soarin etc... will remain open. Basically FW will be closed at 9:00 just as the World Showcases. So when Epcot is having night EMH, FW will remain open till midnight. Just ignore the 7:00 closing time. Basicallly they are closing at 9:00. So I guess your answer is that

"the entire Epcot (FW+WS) will be open till 12:00 am at EMH night with the attractions listed on the official website".

Restaurant mostly are set to be open till 10:00~10:30. I have a tip here. If you would like to avoid the crowd, go eat at some WS's restaurants during late EMH. Cause in the peak season, the first late EMH hour at epcot is extremly busy. But 1.5 hour later to the third it's mostly a walk in. Do not waste your time of the first hour in the line for soarin or TT for let say 70 mins without fast pass. Go for some meal and mostly you don't need a PS in late EMH night at Epcot. Have an one hour meal and then hit the FS you'll see the crowd is by then drastically decreased.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Pete C said:
I don't know what you mean. If EMH lasts until 10pm some rides stay open past the 3 extra hours in FW??

When EPCOT has evening EMH both Worlds are included and have the same closing time...there are attractions opened in Both the World Showcase & Future World. Thus if the park closes at 9 pm then EMH are from 9- 12 midnight. You can travel back & forth between the two sections and utilize the open attractions.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

That is exactly correct - both FW and WS are open until midnight on 3-hour EMH nights. The major attractions are all open, in both FW and WS. Note that the lines are not any shorter until 11:00 pm...

Upvote 0

RU42

If I may ask a couple questions about EMH

1. Can you enter the Park after EMH has begun?

2. Where do you get the bands you are supposed to wear (all Parks question, not just Epcot.)

RU

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Yes you can enter afterwards. They give the bands out in various places around the parks just check with a CM at the gate or inside the park.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

During Epcots Holidays around the World the park is open till 9:30 normally. Then till 12:30 AM with EMH. Now last year my DD and I last rode Sorin at 1:05 AM. We also stayed on and got three rides in a row without exiting. Let me tell you that after 14 hours in the parks it is time for some sleep.:snore:

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

RU42 said:
If I may ask a couple questions about EMH

1. Can you enter the Park after EMH has begun?

2. Where do you get the bands you are supposed to wear (all Parks question, not just Epcot.)

RU

You will most likely be required to show your Resort ID to get in to the park if you go after it has closed to the public.

Wrist bands are distributed at a bunch of different places throughout the parks. Just look and you will have no problem finding them.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

RonAnnArbor said:
That is exactly correct - both FW and WS are open until midnight on 3-hour EMH nights. The major attractions are all open, in both FW and WS. Note that the lines are not any shorter until 11:00 pm...
Yeah...I use evening EMH more for extra time in the parks at night (best time to be in the parks!). Basically, if you avoid Soarin' and Test Track, you can get on a lot...or you could spend the entire 3 hours waiting for Soarin. Sometimes if you wait until right before the end of EMH, you can get on Soarin' reasonably quickly.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

DisneyMom06 said:
Just curious, what restaurants do you suggest during Epcot EMH?

Here is a list of what is open (subject to change, of course [courtesy of allearsnet]):

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dining Locations
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· Bistro de Paris - seatings until 9 p.m.
· Boulangerie Patisserie (France)
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· Cantina de San Angel (Mexico)
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· Chefs de France (France) – Seatings until 10 p.m.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· Electric Umbrella (Future World)
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· Harry Ramsden (United Kingdom)
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe (Norway)
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante (Italy) – Seatings until 10 p.m.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· Lotus Blossom Café (China)
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· Mitsukoshi Restaurant Teppanyaki Dining (Japan) – Seatings until 10:15 p.m.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· Outpost
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· Refreshment Port[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
· Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room - seatings in Dining Room until 10 p.m.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· San Angel Inn (Mexico) – Seatings until 9:45 p.m.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· Sommerfest (Germany)
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· Sunshine Seasons (The Land)
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]· Tangierine Cafe (Morocco)
· Yakitori House
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm sure you will get as many opinions as there are listings. :lol:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I like Kringila Bakeri, Lotus Blossom Cafe, Sunshine Seasons, Tangeriene Cafe and Yakitori House.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]:wave:
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom