How is WDW in May?

drp4video

We have always gone in August and at Christmas/New Years, although this year we also went the beginning of April. Due to heat, hurricanes, cold and crowds, we are now re-thinking about going when DD, now in college, finishes winter semester at school. This would be around May 10th or so. What are the crowds like that time of year? and how is the weather?

raven

Where in MI? I'm in Royal Oak.

Went in May of 2004 and it wasn't bad at all. If you go between any holidays you should be ok. Crowds get a little heavy on the weekends due to the locals coming out.

Upvote 0

clarkstallings

The time after the weeks surrounding Easter up until Memorial Day weekend is really a nice time to visit Disney. The crowds are more than manageable and you are practically guaranteed that those cold snaps that defeat the purpose of being in Florida anyway are long gone. I learned this on my college program. My program end was nearing and I realized that during the beginning of May, attendence at MGM for the day was barely breaking 15,000 which is nothing for that park.

Upvote 0

drp4video

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses. I think May, it will be.

And Raven, hello neighbor. I am in Huntington Woods. I am in Royal Oak all the time!

Upvote 0

beagle 1

I have been to WDW twice in May now, both times in the middle of the month around Mother's Day.

The weather is very comfortable...around 70 degrees in the day. But, there is the chance for a shower or thunderstorm in the afternoon. However, the showers are usually brief.

The crowds can be large but manageable...utilize the fast pass. I highly recommend Epcot for the flower/garden presentation.

Overall, May is a great time to go. But, when is it not a good time to go to WDW.

Upvote 0

swimmom

We went the first week in May a couple of years ago and it was great! The parks were not very crowded except on the weekends. The weather was awesome highs around 80 and it only rained two days during our trip.

Upvote 0

LouDisney

I went in May year before last. It was great, it was hot the week I went. I went the week after Mother's Day. Crowds were not light, but managable. It was a great trip.

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We've been there the past two years in May (including last May 5 :sohappy: ) Temps are generally mid-80's, we haven't encountered much rain, but it has happened, and crowds are usually on the light side. The longest wait time I saw last May was 45 minutes for Pooh, which isn't unusual (or it is unusual, if you consider 45 minutes for Pooh a short wait time ;) ).

All in all, May is a great time to visit. Like the previous poster said, the earlier in May the better.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom