How is the "Pop Century" comming along?

NADisney

Hi gang,

The only thing I want to see from POP century resort is the new three story disney characters gracing the buildings.Rodger Rabbit for the 80's, Lady & the Tramp for the 50's ,Mowgli & Baloo for the sixty's.I can't wait to see what other Disney characters that will make a" BIG " apperance.

Originally posted by jcrb
I thought Roger Rabbit was going to be it one of those years. Maybe I wrong.

Roger Rabbit will represent the 1980's section of the resort.

The 1970's section will be represented by a Mickey Mouse telephone.

JasonCajun

Originally posted by ddbutts1
I can't wait till the Pop Century resort opens. We usually stay at the All Stars but last month got the opportunity to stay at Coronado Springs. I missed the excitement that the value resorts have, Coronado was a grown up resort, too quiet, too stuffy. The Pop Century will give us a new resort to stay at that's new and exciting. Not that I would turn down the opportunity to stay at any of the other resorts.

I agree about Coronado Springs. Its a beautiful resort, but it really does not have the Disney feel about it. Plus the whole time I was there, they were having business conventions and all you saw were suits walking around talking on their cell phones using over-used corporate lingo. Like I said, beautiful place, but I will not be going there again.

lamarvenoy

Originally posted by JasonCajun
I agree about Coronado Springs. Its a beautiful resort, but it really does not have the Disney feel about it. Plus the whole time I was there, they were having business conventions and all you saw were suits walking around talking on their cell phones using over-used corporate lingo. Like I said, beautiful place, but I will not be going there again.

I stayed there once for 2 nights in '99 and it was a normal hotel, fun, lots of touristy people, a little quiet but nice. Then I stayed there last April for our annual buisness conference and it was weird, we had the entire hotel to ourselves. I think there were like 2,700 of us. Anyway, our company allows "casual drinking" and we had open bars at many of our functions so nighttime at our hotel was pretty crazy. It was a weird experience having to wear a suit at a vacation resort. We had to be at the hall every morning by 7:00 for kick-off of that days events- not much sleep. The main hall of the conference center there is 100 yards long, its huge!

JasonCajun

Its not a bad place for a business convention. I wish my company would shell out the bucks to have it at a place like that :p

Its just that when regular joe is on vacation, he doesnt want to be reminded of work by seeing lots of people in suits running around talking on their cell phones :)

jcrb

Original Poster
Personally I do not think of the Coronado as just a resort – If you want to talk about just a resort take a look at the VALUE RESORTS!

WDWspider

Originally posted by jcrb
Personally I do not think of the Coronado as just a resort – If you want to talk about just a resort take a look at the VALUE RESORTS!

I consider those "Just a Big Hotel". :lol:

WDWspider

Well, typically I consider a resort to be a bit more than your average Hotel. Most Hotels have pools, Arcades, places to eat, and a shop of some sort. A resort usually has extras... recreational options (in Disney's case... Water Mice, Bike Trails, Hot Tubs, Spas, Fine Dining, Creative Detail, and more). A Hotel is usually more basic needs... I think the Value Resorts are great, but I do feel they really stretch the term Resort, I suppose they are, but they are a lot closer to being "Just a place to stay". I already know people will argue this, so I will say no more, I just wanted to clear up for you my interpretation.

MKCustodial

All right, got it... I think of a resort as a hotel that offers something else. And to me, every single hotel in WDW offers the parks, so there you have it! :lol:

But I see what you mean... Although I do think the perks like using your room key as a credit card or having your stuff delivered at the hotel a "more than hotel" thing, if you think about all the other places at International Drive that you can stay and that do offer stuff like convention centers and mini-golf and stuff... ;)

WDWspider

Originally posted by MKCustodial
All right, got it... I think of a resort as a hotel that offers something else. And to me, every single hotel in WDW offers the parks, so there you have it! :lol:

But I see what you mean... Although I do think the perks like using your room key as a credit card or having your stuff delivered at the hotel a "more than hotel" thing, if you think about all the other places at International Drive that you can stay and that do offer stuff like convention centers and mini-golf and stuff... ;)

Hmmm... I didn't even consider some of those things cause they are on Disney Property, I was looking at the Resorts of Disney when taking the Disney options away. Of course things like Transportation, Disney Service, and Early Entry are great perks for any resort on property.

jmarc63

Main Entry: 1re·sort
Pronunciation: ri-'zort
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, resource, recourse, from resortir to rebound, resort, from Old French, from re- + sortir to escape, sally
Date: 14th century

2 a : frequent, habitual, or general visiting <a place of popular resort> b : persons who frequent a place : THRONG c (1) : a frequently visited place : HAUNT (2) : a place providing recreation and entertainment especially to vacationers

WDWspider

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
And don't forget... we're not "WDW"... We are the Walt Disney World Resort. :)

Oh... click, the light went on...

the entire place is a Resort, you just decide what area to stay in the resort complex.

I feel enlightened.:)

MKCustodial

Originally posted by jmarc63
Main Entry: 1re·sort
Pronunciation: ri-'zort
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, resource, recourse, from resortir to rebound, resort, from Old French, from re- + sortir to escape, sally
Date: 14th century

2 a : frequent, habitual, or general visiting <a place of popular resort> b : persons who frequent a place : THRONG c (1) : a frequently visited place : HAUNT (2) : a place providing recreation and entertainment especially to vacationers

You're on dictionary mode today, aren't you? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom