How is mid February?

draybook

Ok folks, time to give good ol' Dray some helpful advice. We're thinking about taking an impromptu trip next month. We have the free airfare vouchers from the mishap on our last trip, so that's covered. We have APs to WDW and Universal, so park entries are covered. All we have to cover is the rental car and food and hotel.

My question is this, how is mid February crowd and weather wise? I'm assuming that I'll be good in a pair of jeans or shorts and a polo shirt? And I'm also assuming that crowds should be low due to school being in and it not being Spring Break yet. So, how does our plan sound?

PHS79

Glad to hear I can wear shorts, as I have way more shorts than I do pants.
I forgot to say, during our trip the weather was great! Most days it was in the upper 70s-low 80's for highs (1 day was right around 90), and lower- mid 60s for lows. We wore shorts everyday except for 1 morning and 1 night when we had some light rain.

Upvote 0

draybook

Original Poster
Looks like we're going to extend the trip from the 9th until the 18th, instead of leaving on the 14th as originally planned. We just decided that 5 days wasn't enough to squeeze in all of the Disney and Universal that we wanted. I'm so glad we bought APs this year.

Upvote 0

Pocahontas

The further away from President's day, the better. If you go early or late February, then the crowd should be moderate, besides the weekends of course.

As far as weather goes: the average high in Feb is 73 F, which isn't bad at all. You need to wear something heavier than you would in July, of course, but there's no need for winter coats or anything.

Upvote 0

draybook

Original Poster
Sweet! Here's our scheduled itinerary as of right now:

February 9th- Fly in at 1:20pm and head to DHS.
Feb 10th- MK
Feb 11th- Uni
Feb 12th- Uni
Feb 13th- Epcot (San Angel Inn)
Feb 14th- AK
Feb 15th- MK
Feb 16th- DHS
Feb 17th- MK
Feb 18th- MK/Fly home

So excited for this impromptu trip!!

Upvote 0

patch553

have fun we visit every feb for nearly 3 weeks from England and while there do both spedeweekends at Daytona and spend time before during and after at Disney. We have done august, September, November thanksgiving, beginning of December and January also and feb is our fav time for crowds and weather. I don't find the crowds bad at all yes a little hectic round president weekend but not as bad as other times of years we have been. The weather is so nice really comfy weather, but for us it is normally minus temps at home and rain rain frost and snow so shorts and t-shirts all the way. Yes we have had some rainy days in feb at orlando and Daytona but still was warm and nice not like days at home. Can't wait bring on feb 8th till feb 26th. enjoy your feb trip think you will love that time of year.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom