How is everyone's Christmas shopping going?

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Ugh unbelievable!
The Columbia jacket order which was supposed to arrive 2 days ago was canclled because they were out of stock.
so now I have to order it from somewhere else that costs even more.
This jacket better last 20 years for the trouble lol.

wdwfan4ver

I'm always tempted to just give an IOU. 😃
The nature of my parents for money is different. My mom had money for Disney, 2 stores, Wisconsin Tourist Destination, local sit down restaurant, and fast food place.

My mom does not want gift cards those eating places and stores. I only would be looking at 2 of the things mentioned. I am not mentioning what 2 spots since my dad reads some of the boards on this site, but have no idea if he's a member.

I hope you don't mind me being vague due to me not wanting to take a chance with my dad.

Goofyernmost

The nature of my parents for money is different. My mom had money for Disney, 2 stores, Wisconsin Tourist Destination, local sit down restaurant, and fast food place.

My mom does not want gift cards those eating places and stores. I only would be looking at 2 of the things mentioned. I am not mentioning what 2 spots since my dad reads some of the boards on this site, but have no idea if he's a member.

I hope you don't mind me being vague due to me not wanting to take a chance with my dad.
No problem, my comment was not about you or what your family was doing. it was basically a joke.

macefamily

Didn't get anything yet. The wife takes care of the kids (24, 22, & 19). I have my brother in law for secret Santa so I just need to pick up a box of Pro V1's. My biggest shopping for Christmas is for food. I host a 20+ person Christmas Eve dinner which I'm sure will be much less people. So I need to be careful on how much I buy this year. It's all seafood....lobster, shrimp, scallops, salmon, and halibut. I don't want to have a bunch of leftovers. This is going to be tricky.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Didn't get anything yet. The wife takes care of the kids (24, 22, & 19). I have my brother in law for secret Santa so I just need to pick up a box of Pro V1's. My biggest shopping for Christmas is for food. I host a 20+ person Christmas Eve dinner which I'm sure will be much less people. So I need to be careful on how much I buy this year. It's all seafood....lobster, shrimp, scallops, salmon, and halibut. I don't want to have a bunch of leftovers. This is going to be tricky.

Its funny because my mom hates shopping and my dad loves it so he has to drag her to the stores but he is often the one that actually picks things out and just gets her approval for whether we'll like the gifts.
With my parents both being only children we have a small family.
Its just 10 of us, 5 in one house and 5 in another house 2 minutes away.
Although we have enough food to feed an army lol.
My dad loves his turkey and we always get a 22 pounder.
We also have snack night on Xmas eve so lots of different foods.
This year its going to be quite interesting because our fridge broke 2 months ago.
We have a small fridge in the garage but that's not really gonna cut it for Christmas.
We have a fridge on order but they said it may or may not come in before Christmas.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Anyone else hate Fedex?
I bought something on December 2nd. It shipped on the 3rd and I have had no updates since.
I messaged the company and they said well if it doesn't show up by the 20th we'll resend it.
That doesn't do me much good because then it won't arrive on time.
I may end up getting a refund and ordering it from somewhere that uses UPS.
Also my sister's fitbit broke and she sent it back to be replaced and they use Fedex. He shipped hers the same day that my item shipped and her fitbit appears to be lost too!

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Follow UP: Since Dec. 1st, shopping = Done Greeting Cards = Written and mailed Wrapping = Done including two birthday gifts for two of my Grand kids that had the lack of consideration to be born in December.

Now just gear up for January. January used to be awful. Getting the money together to buy gifts for the following:

Jan. 4 My parents Anniversary
Jan. 8 Our Anniversary
Jan. 16 My Daughters Birthday
Jan. 21 My Brother in laws Birthday
Jan. 22 My Sisters Birthday
Jan. 22 My favorite Aunts Birthday

Down to just my Daughters and my Sisters Birthday now. Much easier to handle.

Fresh off Christmas it all seemed overwhelming at times not to mention the cost of partying for New Years Eve. It took the rest of the year to even catch up.
Just my bff and one ds birthday in January. I get slammed February and March.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
We were going to get a real tree but 2020:(

We always get a real tree.
The tree farmer even lets us go to his properties to pick one before he starts cutting them.
We learned to go in October before the weather turns cold. We tag it and call him to let him know where it is.
The have a bailer so it gets wrapped up nice and tight which is the only way we can get it in the house.
We end up chopping it down where it stands and bagging it to get it out.
We'd love a 20ft tree some day but we only have 10ft ceilings lol.
My sister is thinking about building a house at our farm. If she did she would make sure to build it with a Christmas tree in mind.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Update on Fedex.
Well my issue seems to be resolved.
According to Fedex a label was created but the item was never handed off.
I tell that to the company and within 3 hours I see an update saying the carrier received the item.
Then I get an email saying well they never came to pick it up so its still Fedex's fault. I didn't bother to email back but really its the company's fault because they should know that the item was never picked up. It should be their responsibility to ensure it left their warehouse.
This morning I see its updated again to say that it arrived at the carrier facility and left the carrier facility so it SHOULD arrive in time.
As for my sister's fitbit she may need to contact Fedex to see what they say.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
The stockings are stuffed, the boys have wrapped their presents, the last cookie is baked, all I have left are a few presents left to wrap while watching 1608691152563.png before going to bed on Christmas Eve. It's a tradition to save a few last minute things to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom