How is everyone's Christmas shopping going?

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I generally don't start my shopping until next week but this year I'm more than half way done already!

I have 10 people to buy for and I've found this year to be particularly easy. I think its because this year has showed us what we really want and need so my family has been very straight forward with their Christmas wishes. Vs the typical "What do you want for Christmas?" "I don't know anything you get me I will like."

Like my mom's hair dryer has seen better days so I bought her a new one.
My dad has this Columbia jacket that he loves and it has een better days so I bought him a new one.
My sister flat out said hey I really want this shirt can you get it for me?
I've bought for 6 people and the other 4 always give a good list so once they have one I can pick something.

I've even bought my cat a few things although I didn't wait until Christmas to give them to her like new food and water bowls and a new snuggle toy that's exactly like the original Valentines bear I got her the day I picked her up. I am afraid for the day that toy gets a hole in it because she carries it around the house so now I have a replica in case it happens.

I've also found myself splurging on things I really want because they are significantly discounted.
I feel a little guilty but then again when I see the regular price vs what I paid I feel a little less guilty.
Like I bought a new North Face jacket for 30% off...

So how's your shopping going?

Last edited:

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
My husband is the worst person to shop for. Might just get him another Cleveland Browns jersey and some office decorations. Most my family decided to exchange baked goods instead of gifts so we are meeting outside at some point to exchange. So I will be making a ton of cookies. My nephews are obsessed with Spider-Man and Mickey so I’ve been stock piling toys and clothes all year for them lol.
But the question I have for you @Queen of the WDW Scene is where did you get the Northface? I’m on the hunt for a new jacket. :)

wdwfan4ver

I ordered mom perfume today, but have a lot left for her. I didn't start with dad yet and he didn't get anyone a list. That means he's tough to shop for.

I got problems with a online order for my younger brother for his birthday and Christmas. His Birthday is next month. I am planning to contact them tomorrow. I rather no go into details outside of saying that is an online shop that you don't want to use your credit card for and money order is the best option. His list was created for that online store.

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
My husband is the worst person to shop for. Might just get him another Cleveland Browns jersey and some office decorations. Most my family decided to exchange baked goods instead of gifts so we are meeting outside at some point to exchange. So I will be making a ton of cookies. My nephews are obsessed with Spider-Man and Mickey so I’ve been stock piling toys and clothes all year for them lol.
But the question I have for you @Queen of the WDW Scene is where did you get the Northface? I’m on the hunt for a new jacket. :)

Amazon.
Not sure the type of jacket you're looking for.
This was just your typical TNF Osito fleece jacket that has become a staple in many people's wardrobe.
I've found their fleece to be plenty warm if just going from the house to the car, the car to the store etc.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I ordered mom perfume today, but have a lot left for her. I didn't start with dad yet and he didn't get anyone a list. That means he's tough to shop for.

I got problems with a online order for my younger brother for his birthday and Christmas. His Birthday is next month. I am planning to contact them tomorrow. I rather no go into details outside of saying that is an online shop that you don't want to use your credit card for and money order is the best option. His list was created for that online store.

Out of the 10 people I buy gifts for 5 of them have birthday's between November 9th and January 9th so I find it especially hard to think of gifts and its not easy on the wallet either lol.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Amazon.
Not sure the type of jacket you're looking for.
This was just your typical TNF Osito fleece jacket that has become a staple in many people's wardrobe.
I've found their fleece to be plenty warm if just going from the house to the car, the car to the store etc.
Thanks! That’s what I’m looking for. I had one but I left it at a hotel :(

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Is your tree up and decorated yet ?

Haha I'm not the poster you asked but we will have a lot of ours up by the end of this weekend.
We don't usually get and put up the big real tree until a couple weeks beforehand but we then leave everything up way too long.
But really when its the middle of the cold dark winter in the Buffalo NY area and you go to the grocery store in the light and come back home in the dark at 5pm with a foot of snow on the ground you appreciate the Christmas lights welcoming you.

Goofyernmost

Haha I'm not the poster you asked but we will have a lot of ours up by the end of this weekend.
We don't usually get and put up the big real tree until a couple weeks beforehand but we then leave everything up way too long.
But really when its the middle of the cold dark winter in the Buffalo NY area and you go to the grocery store in the light and come back home in the dark at 5pm with a foot of snow on the ground you appreciate the Christmas lights welcoming you.
I was stationed for a short while at Niagara Falls International Airport back in 1968-69. I can vouch for constant snow. The good old lake affect. I drove home to Vermont two days before Christmas that year and they were closing the NY State Thruway behind me. What a drive home that was. The NY Thruway is bad enough during the day, but nighttime in a blizzard is something to experience.

As for the Christmas shopping question. One more person to buy for and I'm done. Then the part I hate the most.... Gift Wrapping.

Goofyernmost

As for the Christmas shopping question. One more person to buy for and I'm done. Then the part I hate the most.... Gift Wrapping.
Follow UP: Since Dec. 1st, shopping = Done Greeting Cards = Written and mailed Wrapping = Done including two birthday gifts for two of my Grand kids that had the lack of consideration to be born in December.

Now just gear up for January. January used to be awful. Getting the money together to buy gifts for the following:

Jan. 4 My parents Anniversary
Jan. 8 Our Anniversary
Jan. 16 My Daughters Birthday
Jan. 21 My Brother in laws Birthday
Jan. 22 My Sisters Birthday
Jan. 22 My favorite Aunts Birthday

Down to just my Daughters and my Sisters Birthday now. Much easier to handle.

Fresh off Christmas it all seemed overwhelming at times not to mention the cost of partying for New Years Eve. It took the rest of the year to even catch up.

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I hit a bit of a road block after I started this thread lol.
The coat I bought my dad was not the same so I returned it and searched high and low for something similar.
I ended up having to buy an interchangeable system to get the features he really wanted so double the price but I'm willing to spend it on my parents :)

Then it just seemed to take a while to decide on the other people I still needed.

But I finished a couple days ago.

My niece absolutely loves wrapping and while I enjoy it I'm not that great at it lol.
So she wrapped what I have so far and will wrap everything but her own.

Also on the decorating front we have all of our outside decorations up and some inside.
We'll get our tree Thursday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom