how is caribbean beach?

dsnyfreak

Im planning on going to wdw in november and staying at CBR at the new Pirates rooms but Im wondering if the extra price is worth it or should I go to Pop? also, is there any resorts left that serve the coke slurpees in the food court?:veryconfu

Slighty

I've been to both Carribean and Pop, and i think even if you do have the
'Pirates room' in Carribean beach, it's not really worth it if you half to walk miles to get to the drink despencers. ( It's really dumb the way they have it set up in there, because the drink despencers are in a restaraunt in the hotel, and i guess it also matters how close the room is; last time we stayed in there we were far away and the walking was ridiculous just to get a coke! )
Pop Century is soo much more fun too, it's alot more kid friendly, the big flower pool is themed and cute, and they have coke slurpies!!!!
Apparently not many ( if any ) of the resorts have the slurpies left, but i know Pop does ( my family loves getting those things- i can't stand them ) .
This is my two pence, hope this helps!! ^_^

Upvote 0

dsnyfreak

Original Poster
how much bigger are the rooms at cbr compared to pop? Ive been to pop and this time Im going to need a crib and I know that at the all star last month it was a tight fit.

Upvote 0

DisneyJunkie

I stayed at Caribbean Beach from 1/24 - 1/31 of this year.

The overall opinion of the resort from myself, my wife, and the others in our vacation party: We will not be going back for another stay there.

Reasons for our disappointment/dislike:

(1) The resort is beautiful and kept up well on the OUTSIDE. Once you get into the room, however, it's another story. Basically, it wasn't much better than your common, run-of-the-mill Motel 6. Housekeeping was quite lacking. Room was dirty (in the room of the others of our vacation party they found some old, dirty socks from a former guest under their bed), the beds were entirely too small, and the bathroom was absurdly tiny. We also had to call the front desk several times in order to have them replace/fix items in the room that didn't work.

(2) We were in the Aruba area (bldg 53) which was not located in a very ideal location. It was quite a walk just to get to the Aruba area bus stop. It was also quite a distance away just to get to the bridge that you have to cross if you want to get to Old Port Royale (home of the food court, main swimming pool, and resort shopping). It was such a walk that it didn't make us feel like it would be worth it to go and get a refillable mug. (If we had wanted to get hot cocoa or coffee, for instance, by the time we got back it would have been cold.)

(3) Bus transportation was a joke. It was nearly as bad at CBR as it is constantly at Wilderness Lodge. Numerous buses would come and go for other destinations, but the bus you wanted for a specific place would typically take longer than the posted 20 minute wait time.

(4) Food court was poor. In addition to having very limited offering in each of the different spots, the CMs behind the counter were rude and unhelpful (as described by other members of our party, not to us ourselves).

The wife and I are typically guests of the "deluxe" resorts, and decided to try a moderate to see what it would be like. We'll happily continue to stay in the "deluxe" spots (specifically the ones with monorail access) and can put our stay at CBR behind us.

Upvote 0

Slighty

Their fairly bigger then the pop rooms, and if your going to be needing a crib, then a bigger room is a deffinate must. Have you ever been to Wilderness Lodge? The rooms at CB are about that size, or a little smaller.
I've never been to the All Star resorts, but i think they must be around the size of the pop century rooms since their about the same price ( ? ).

And i deffinatley agree with alot of what you said, Disney Junkie.
And if you want to come back around mid-day, chances are your room will not be clean. ( The maid's there don't get to the rooms till around 3-4 and their not very nice either )

Upvote 0

LSonDubz

Everyone will have a different opion/experience. I normally only stay in deluxe resorts, however when we are making a quick weekend trip up there, we will only stay at the caribbean.

Upvote 0

Slighty

Yeah, the 60's are deffinatley preffered above all, if anything else i would say probably the 50's or 70's.
You can request a certain place if you want to, i'm not sure thats where they'll put you, but you can request it.
Just try not to go for the 90's or 80's as they are far away, and it's a drag to get to the bus stop.

Upvote 0

Slighty

Yeah, 80's isn't the best to stay in.
Well i deffinatley know you can hear them- if i remember correctly, you can see them over the treetops if your on a high enough floor :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom