How intense is Everest?

JillC LI

I like Mummy and Rock N Roller Coaster but I hated EE the one time I rode it. I can handle the speed and curves but I hate drops, and EE had a big one. Gives me that stomach lurching feeling instead of the thrill I get on Mummy and RNRC. I also hate ToT because of that dropping feeling.

Michaelson

The ONLY thing I would add is definitely have your glasses either in your button down pocket or secured to your head with a band. Take off any hats, or strap them on. You WILL lose them if you don't do this. Just a word to the wise. ;)

Otherwise, can't add a thing to this discussion but agree, if you like the Mummy, you'll also like EE. Get the first ride under your belt, and you'll be good to go for multiple rides from that point on, wondering why you've put it off for so long.

It's the anticipation that is your worst enemy.

I was the same way with Splash Mountain, as I'm not a big fan of getting wet on a ride (yeah, weird, but that's just how I am). I kept putting it off due to that last long drop everyone kept telling me about, but once I RODE it the first time, I LOVE the ride, even getting splashed like you do. :D

Regards! Michaelson

Walt Disney1955

I've never ridden Everest because i'm afraid of it tbh. I need to know how bad is it. I'm most nervous for the drop out of the mountain, and the backwards part a little bit. For comparison, Revenge of the Mummy is my favorite ride at Universal, and I can handle that no problem. I also love Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, and love the Phoenix at Knoebels, which has a 72 foot drop. I know Everest is higher, but it seems to be on a turn which can lessen the stomach feeling. A lot of people say how more intense Everest is to rides like Mummy so I'm worried. I need to know, how bad is it? Also, is the backwards section have a "drop" or is it a turn? I thought it's a turn from videos, but some say it's a "drop." Where also is a good seat to seat for the first time? Thanks.

You mentioned rides that have some intensity to them. Revenge of the Mummy is intense in its own way. Not with drops or anything but I figure if you went on Thunder Mountain, which is specifically designed to be a runaway train, and Space Mountain, which is with the lights off, then you`ll love Everest for sure. If I were to make a list of the Cedar Point roller coasters and rank all 18 of them I figure Everest is probably about 12th most intense, if that has any familiarity to you.

JohnD

I've never ridden Everest because i'm afraid of it tbh. I need to know how bad is it. I'm most nervous for the drop out of the mountain, and the backwards part a little bit. For comparison, Revenge of the Mummy is my favorite ride at Universal, and I can handle that no problem. I also love Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, and love the Phoenix at Knoebels, which has a 72 foot drop. I know Everest is higher, but it seems to be on a turn which can lessen the stomach feeling. A lot of people say how more intense Everest is to rides like Mummy so I'm worried. I need to know, how bad is it? Also, is the backwards section have a "drop" or is it a turn? I thought it's a turn from videos, but some say it's a "drop." Where also is a good seat to seat for the first time? Thanks.

I'm not overly thrilled of coasters either. But I have to say, I enjoy Everest - a LOT. It's smooth. It goes up and backwards once. Then drops and does a few turns. That's it. I don't like loops which is why I've never gone on RnRC or most coasters at Uni either.

In fact, I like this one better than Space Mountain because it is so smooth and not herky jerky like that one.

Chip Chipperson

This ride definitely seems to affect different people in different ways. Years ago, my wife and I took our niece (who was 7 at the time) to WDW and rode EE 5 times in a row right at park opening because it was a drizzly, overcast morning and the park wasn't busy so the wait time never got above being a walk-on until after our last time riding. After the 2nd or 3rd time, an adult male got off the ride and walked straight to a garbage can to throw up. Our niece looked at him and said, "Ewww! Can we ride it again?" The only reason we even stopped after 5 times was because we were getting dizzy from the constant cycle of riding, getting off the coaster, and going through the queue to get right back on again.

tl77

I don't like Everest I always feel dizzy afterward. The backwards parts and the velocity of it bothers me, feels like my blood presser drops or something. I've never been on Mission Space the same reason and only rode Rock-n-Roller Coaster 1 time when it first opened, and had similar effects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom