How Important?

HouCuseChickie

We prefer pre park opening meals since the in park ones usually get us out just before rd. So in Mk, that puts us either at the castle or the end of MSUSA before the masses. Soooooo not only 0 park time missed but a slight advantage to the rd crowd in some cases. We almost always arrive for rd if we don't have a pre park opening meal... Or the 7 am at Chef Mickey's....since you can do that and make pretty much any park rd.

Upvote 0

luv

I always scheduled a few mornings off so we could sleep in after staying out late for fireworks. Otherwise, we hit every rope drop. If my time in Orlando was to be limited, I wanted to make the most of it. See all I could see, do all I could do, that sort of thing.

Then I started going with a good friend who was also a huge Disney geek. We knew what we wanted to do. We hit some rope drops and not others. Much more laid-back...and just as fun.

Now that I live here, I only go to rope drop when my sister is here with the boys...and even then, not all of them. I'm not getting up at six o'clock to go stand at a gate and hurry when the payoff is a ride on Soarin or TSMM. Uh-uh. No way. Thanks for the offer, I'm not going. Especially if they come in the summertime, I will say, "You're on your own!"

It's been about a year since I was at a park for rope drop.

Upvote 0

bethymouse

We usually make it to EPCOT for rope drop.:) Haven't quite made rope drop for Magic Kingdom!:(
We ate @ Tusker House breakfast one year and were there for rope drop. We literally got run over, even though the CMs warned us.:( Never gotten to DHS for rope drop.:( But, we always go to the parks early AM.:)

Upvote 0

StarWarsGirl

...I'm usually still asleep at rope drop. I don't get to the parks until at least 11 am, preferably later. If I am up that early, I'm at one of the resorts for breakfast. Kona is really good for breakfast. But I'm always there until closing. Never leave before closing time. If I've done the 1 am or 2 am extra magic hours the night before, I'm not up until at least 10:30 the next day and spend most of the day by the pool. Rope drop? The only time I've been for rope drop is at the water parks.

Upvote 0

SAV

I try to be at Rope Drop for DHS so we can do the TSMM FP dash. Epcot is rope drop or within 30 minutes so we can do the Soarin' FP Dash. AK is rope drop of within 30 minutes for the Safari FP Dash. MK isn't a rope drop dash.

Upvote 0

moonwishes2013

We just went last week, I told my DH what I had planned, & he said, I do not want to follow a schedule. After the first day, he was up & ready before anyone else & wanted to be on the first bus going to the parks.
At AK, my DD was picked to open Camp Mickey & Minnie and on our last day, we were picked to be The Opening Family at Magic Kingdom. We had an awesome week, & I converted my DH on being there before the park opens, he loved not having to wait in long lines,LOL!

Upvote 0

Allygator

This year I'm hoping to get an 8ish reservation for CRT like last year. It was nice being further in the park at 9. Unfortunately my daughter picked splash mt to be our first, second, third ride. Lol. I'm looking forward to going to animal kingdom for early morning hour.

Upvote 0

moonwishes2013

This year I'm hoping to get an 8ish reservation for CRT like last year. It was nice being further in the park at 9. Unfortunately my daughter picked splash mt to be our first, second, third ride. Lol. I'm looking forward to going to animal kingdom for early morning hour.

When we went to AK,we went to SR first & it seemed like that is where everyone was heading, but there was no wait time & after that we went to Camp Mickey & Minnie, which was not open, but we sat down on one of the benches so DD could have a snack & something to drink, & that is when a CM picked her to open up the Camp.

Upvote 0

Britt

Im not a rope drop person at all. We're usually UP by that time, but with 3 kiddos, sometimes it's hard to get out the door in time. However, in 2014, I think we're going to try and make it to rope drops. We made it to Epcots last year and it was sooo nice to have the park so empty for about 2 hours! Plus, the canon exploded over us and covered us in streamers. haha That was fun!

Upvote 0

coachwnh

In the Parks
Yes
Need to get in the parks early, because we get out early once those that sleep in start to arrive. once it gets crowded, we are out!!! time for the pools. its amazing how much you can do in that first hour after rope drop!!!

Upvote 0

Aurora1

I'm a rope drop until closing person! We normally just do one day per park, so I want to make the most of it! This past trip was the only time I've ever felt tired out, but that was because we had 4 days in a row of park time, and most were at least 12 hour days!

Upvote 0

Sweet Melissa

Not important at all. We're usually still in our room when the parks open. But God help you if you get between me and the rope at the 11:00 AM World Showcase opening during the Food & Wine festival.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom