How I do it.

MissingDisney

Are you trying to be helpful or are you looking for compliments/bragging?
I mean, good for anyone if they are physically able to do what you're doing. That's awesome. But someone isn't less-than or a "wimp" if they cannot.
Seems a bit judgmental I guess.
Congrats to making it towards 70. Many are not as fortunate.

jaklgreen

I used to go all day and not have any issues. But I spent too many years working on my feet, standing on hard concrete that it completely destroyed my feet, legs, and back. I have been enough times to where I don't feel like I have to do everything. I sleep in, drink my coffee in my room, get to the park late morning or early afternoon, and then just go with the flow at my pace. I do fewer rides and more enjoying the scenery. Where I am in my life now, that is the type of vacation that works for me.
Everyone that goes to the parks walks a lot, there is no way around it. It just comes down to the pace that you keep.

surfsupdon

If you're looking for a challenge, sign up for a runDisney race weekend.
How I go to WDW in my late 60's and: Get up early to get the early entry advantage, walk an average of 10 miles, go on every ride I can, don't take a mid-day break at the hotel (that's for wimps), and leave late? Here is my pre-Disney prep. For two months prior, I walk at least 4 days a week at a very good pace for 2.5 miles. Our area has rolling hills so it is up and down hills at this pace. It takes me about 45 to 50 minutes to do this. So when we get to WDW it's a breaze with no blisters, sore muscles and no being over tired. That's us and we have a great time.

NOTE: I hate it when people ask to go with us because they can't keep up and we have to slow down to accommodate them and make us miserable. From now on if someone wants to go with us they ill have to do the prep with us or I will just leave them at the park.
That's ALL you do?! I and others do that after a 2:30am wakeup for a runDisney half marathon at 5a. Get on our level. :)

Just being cheeky :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom