How Helpful is Premium Parking?

StarshipDisney

Good Evening,

We are leaving for Disney in 8 days and I was wondering if anyone can please comment IRT paying for premium parking at the parks. This is NOT a thread about the cost and/or value of premium parking. This also does not include Magic Kingdom due to the TTC.

What I would like to please ask regarding EPCOT, AK, and HS if anyone has paid for the premium parking there:

1) How close to the park does the premium parking really get you?

2) Did you consider it “convenient” and a short walk to/from the park?

3) Did you think it was helpful to your day?

Thanks for any/all feedback.

StarshipDisney

Original Poster
If you go early in the day, rope drop, etc, it is a waste. Otherwise it saves you a tram ride.

Thanks. I am not sure from your reply so did you actually try the premium parking...or just stating your thoughts?

I must admit I thought I may get more feedback than this. Guess it is definitely not popular.

We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside and have heard the bus horror stories of the East and South depots...especially early morning. If we get stuck in Magnolia Bend then I was thinking about just driving to the parks (except MK) and maybe using the premium parking. So I wanted to find out if it is helpful or not.

Upvote 0

Gainesvillain

Thanks. I am not sure from your reply so did you actually try the premium parking...or just stating your thoughts?

I must admit I thought I may get more feedback than this. Guess it is definitely not popular.

We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside and have heard the bus horror stories of the East and South depots...especially early morning. If we get stuck in Magnolia Bend then I was thinking about just driving to the parks (except MK) and maybe using the premium parking. So I wanted to find out if it is helpful or not.
We used it a couple of times, and yes it does get you walking-distance close to the main entrance(s), but not by much if you are early birds (we are). I hope this helps :)

Upvote 0

piglet1

If you're staying at POR, you can Uber from there to the BW and boat to the International Gateway for about what the premium parking would be......

Upvote 0

StarshipDisney

Original Poster
We used it a couple of times, and yes it does get you walking-distance close to the main entrance(s), but not by much if you are early birds (we are). I hope this helps :)

Thank you. Yes, that helps. I will visit some parks mid-day so I may try the premium parking. You are apparently the only person here who actually tried it.

If you're staying at POR, you can Uber from there to the BW and boat to the International Gateway for about what the premium parking would be......

Thanks but I do not utilize nor trust Uber. Heard too many bad things about it.

And waste a lot of time

Yes, that is also my concern with the bus service at POR. Guess I will find out on the day I visit MK. To be fair, I'll have to spot them 30 minutes on that day due to the TTC if I drove.

Upvote 0

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Good Evening,

We are leaving for Disney in 8 days and I was wondering if anyone can please comment IRT paying for premium parking at the parks. This is NOT a thread about the cost and/or value of premium parking. This also does not include Magic Kingdom due to the TTC.

What I would like to please ask regarding EPCOT, AK, and HS if anyone has paid for the premium parking there:

1) How close to the park does the premium parking really get you?

2) Did you consider it “convenient” and a short walk to/from the park?

3) Did you think it was helpful to your day?

Thanks for any/all feedback.

Don't expect it to save more than 10-15 minutes on a busy day when you arrive late. It's really not worth the expense at any of the parks (Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, etc).

If you're there early enough, you're talking literally 20-50 feet of distance between premium and regular parking.

Upvote 0

StarshipDisney

Original Poster
This is a late follow-up, but thought I would write anyway.

On Thursday, 6 December 2018, we went over to Animal Kingdom about 2:00 PM since we had a Fastpass for Flight of Passage that day(WOW...what a ride). Since we were arriving mid-day, I thought I would give the premium parking a try.

We paid the $25 and got a blue "premium parking" sign. We were then told to turn on our flashers and drive in the center lane until a cast member directed us. We were directed to follow a green line and came to an area were a woman had a small stand setup and she gave us each a bottle of water and had the full selection of those round Birthday, 1st Visit, etc. pins to wear. She would have given us all of them if we wanted. She then told us to park anywhere between the cones so I drove up front hoping someone who arrived early had left.

Got what I thought was a great parking spot but still had a fair walk to the gates. If fact, I looked back at where the tram was loading and felt that we would have had less of a walk with parking regular and taking the tram...which let you off right by the gates.

Bottom line...I was unaware they gave you water and pins as part of the premium parking, but I still felt it was a waste and we will not do it again.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom