How has Disney tried to encourage healthy eating?

awalkinthepark

I am gluten intolerant..the is a whole lot that I cannot eat..I never have a hard time finding something to eat at WDW. I can always find water wherever I find soda. I also find fresh fruit all over the place. TS restaurants always have healthier options on the menu and for the most part can be GF friendly with a table visit from the chef. CS options always cater to easily mass produced lower cost options...and well..you get what you pay for..

I did have grapes with my burger yesterday mostly out of paranoia that the fries were not GF...but in the grand scheme of things...I eat well at home...a GF burger and fries here and there aren't going to hurt me. The kid choices anywhere aren't that great..but they eat well at home..so one bad day or week isn't a huge deal and we are back on track once we get home.

Because I eat gluten free..I spend a lot of time reading restaurant menus, allergen information and nutritional data....to be honest too many restaurant items(even salads) at any restaurant are scary number wise..calories, fat sodium, etc...if you are adamant about treating your body like a temple at every meal...you need to prepare food for yourself...either eat it at home or pack a cooler.

We also have been renting cabins at Fort Wilderness when we stay on-site because breakfast and evening snacks are just easier and less stressful when I have 100% control over them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom