How far would you go to get your Disney fix?

eliza61nyc

So I've been to Disney Paris and while I enjoyed it, I wouldn't waste a day from Paris to go back.
My Disney fix is satisfied with wdw. Now as for the Asian parks go, there are just other places I have on my bucket list to go to. Just a personal preference. Only so much time and money.

eliza61nyc

Don't you [allegedly] stay at Grand Floridian multiple times a year?
Kinda depends. I'm dvc so I do bounce around. I've got points at BCV and GF as those are my favorite resorts and easiest to get since I can book at the 11 month mark.
Generally though if I have a year when I do more than 1 visit they tend to be long weekends.
Last year I actually didn't make it to the world.
Be that as it may, I'm still working which means I still have time constraints and I still have a budget that I stick too

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

Yes, but what if your supplier just permanently stopped selling and there is no more product, period. Would you satisfy your habit overseas or quit going altogether.

Wow, now that's interesting. Boy I don't know. I'm a relatively late Disney fan. I went once when I was a kid but my family didn't like it so I don't have these great memories of Disney in it's prime. I didn't go back until I had kids and my hubby wanted to go. Of course we fell hard for it.
I think I would like to see Tokyo Disney but don't have any desire to see China or Hong Kong
Not sure. It's hard for me to imagine wdw not being there 😥

PiratesMansion

Wouldn't hesitate. The Internationals are just as good, often better, than the parks in the states.

Also, combining the Asian parks into one trip is super easy and a lot of the fears people have about international travel (language, culture, getting around, COST, etc) are dramatically, dramatically overblown.

Nottamus

WDW is where our memories are from...
Epcot, is our favorite park.
AKL is our second home..

I love WDW, but I love HOW my wife & I are there way more. We just reconnect

I have no desire for other Disney parks

If USA Disney closed forever, we would chalk it up to great memories and find the next thing we enjoy.

now...still hoping it’s up and running for our November trip.
(starting to have my doubts)

Last edited:

Mr Mindcrime

WDW is where are memories are from..

I love WDW, but I love HOW my wife & I are there way more. We just reconnect

I have no desire for other Disney parks

If USA Disney closed forever, we would chalk it up to great memories and find the next thing we enjoy.

Ditto for me and my wife. We love the entirety of WDW Resort. We stay on property, we stay off property, we do different things each time we go. For us, it's nostalgic, romantic, and just fun. We travel outside of the U.S. and enjoy seeing the world. But as far as Disney goes, it is WDW in Orlando for us.

PiratesMansion

I guess it all depends on your priorities.

If you're a fan of Disney as a brand and you are satisfied as long as you have access to their content in some fashion, then I guess I can rationalize a lot of the responses here.

If you're a fan of WDW mainly because of Epcot, Animal Kingdom, or the things outside of the parks, I can understand that too.

But if:
-You're a parks-centric fan, and the parks are the most important reason why you follow Disney (like myself)
-You spend almost no time at WDW doing things outside the theme parks
-Your favorite parks are MK or DHS
-You've ever watched a video of a ride from another park and been intrigued
-You have dreams of someday visiting Paris, Japan, China, or (because I'm guessing most people in this thread haven't been to DL either) Southern California
-You are able to regularly afford WDW trips
-You're tired of upcharges and exhausted by WDW planning
-You find yourself getting to a point where, even for a moment, you think to yourself "but who cares? No big deal" on a WDW trip because of how many times you've been there, done that
-You want to visit great Disney AND non-Disney attractions on one trip (this one seems to be bizarrely heretical to a lot of people)
-You genuinely want to experience the best Disney has to offer

you're doing yourself a disservice by arbitrarily cutting off the other parks.

Last edited:

NelleBelle

I’ll be completely honest and say that I am most disappointed that all the Disney parks are shut down. My husband has to travel to China periodically for his job and flies into Shanghai—I am totally tagging along on his next trip so I can go to Shanghai Disneyland (and I’m totally going to head to Hong Kong while I’m over there so I can do that park, too)!
We were originally going to go to Tokyo this summer to visit Japan and do the Disney parks for my son’s 8th gr. graduation present but decided next year might be better given how crowded it would be with the Olympics (I really wanted to go but all about expensive). Glad we decided not to go given the current state of the world!
I love WDW but my DH is fed up with the high prices, constant construction,etc. He is, however, more than willing to tour other Disney parks (yay)! The foreign parks will likely be one-and-done parks but he is more than happy to visit DLR several times/yr. I know, long ramble to answer the simple question of would we do foreign parks for our Disney fix...answer: YES!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom