How far in advance to make park reservations for week before Christmas?

LittleMerman

I know park reservations might book quickly for the week before Christmas. We are going 12/17-24. Do you have a recommendation for how far in advance we need to get our park reservations for that week? Thanks!

G00fyDad

For real? We're 7 months out 😂
Yes. I had mine done for this October trip the moment we bought the tickets last November. I see people constantly complaining on WDW Facebook groups that they waited to book their parks and now they are all booked up and the person cannot get a park reservation.

Book your parks now and then go back and change them later if you need to.

Upvote 0

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
If you have your tickets, I'd do it now. You can change later if they are available. But why not now? I like going into My Plans and seeing my park passes for my early December trip, which I've had since I was able to make them. I've already shifted a few things around, but I'd rather have a PP than not. At the very least, make them all for MGM (which usually books up first), then change when you have firmer plans (or when MGM begins to book up).

Upvote 0

Goofy213

We are going the week of New Years Eve and we are already booked for our parks. If your not sure what day you want to go to what park just add the hopper option and switch parks in the afternoon.

Upvote 0

LittleMerman

Original Poster
If you have your tickets, I'd do it now. You can change later if they are available. But why not now? I like going into My Plans and seeing my park passes for my early December trip, which I've had since I was able to make them. I've already shifted a few things around, but I'd rather have a PP than not. At the very least, make them all for MGM (which usually books up first), then change when you have firmer plans (or when MGM begins to book up).
That's the thing - we don't have our tickets yet. We were going to wait and see when/if the Christmas party dates are announced and prices so we could plan our whole week accordingly and then buy the actual tickets.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
That's the thing - we don't have our tickets yet. We were going to wait and see when/if the Christmas party dates are announced and prices so we could plan our whole week accordingly and then buy the actual tickets.

If you base it on the past and the fact the parties are usually Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday then you are looking at maybe the 18th 20th and 22nd.
Personally I would recommend booking a package if you are staying on-site and pivking yiur park pass reservations now and then you can modify your tickets later if you would like to drop a day or two.
Staying on site and already being booked will also allow you to purchase party ticket as sooner than offsite or those staying on site who have yet to b09k.

Upvote 1

LittleMerman

Original Poster
If you base it on the past and the fact the parties are usually Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday then you are looking at maybe the 18th 20th and 22nd.
Personally I would recommend booking a package if you are staying on-site and pivking yiur park pass reservations now and then you can modify your tickets later if you would like to drop a day or two.
Staying on site and already being booked will also allow you to purchase party ticket as sooner than offsite or those staying on site who have yet to b09k.
We are staying off-site but I appreciate your tips!

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

I agree book them now, you can always cancel it. Especially for MK and Hollywood Studios. I have a trip in a few weeks and thought I might tweak it but those two parks had very limited availability so I kept.my plans as is.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom