How far in advance are they cancelling?

debpeduz

How far in advance is Disney cancelling reservations for their resorts and DVC? For example, do they communicate with guests every Monday as they go week by week? And where are they up to at this point?

JIMINYCR

We got our May trip cancelled in phases. We had our first round of notification of 2 evening cancelled ADR's about 1 month prior to our trip. Then that was followed up 8 days later by the cancellation of our reserved after hours event and several more ADR's. Then the entire trip reservation cancellation notice for the resort stay, AK tour, and the rest of our ADR's 2 days later.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

We’re struggling with this. We have a long DVC trip in the first half of July (1-5 and 10-18) and we are assuming it will be canceled, but we haven’t canceled it yet because of the cruise in the middle... which we are hoping will be canceled. We don’t want to cancel the cruise because we’ve paid in full and won’t get much back if we cancel at this point. We probably should just cancel the rooms before and after, but we’re waiting another week or two.
OP, are you waiting for a reservation to be canceled?

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
We’re struggling with this. We have a long DVC trip in the first half of July (1-5 and 10-18) and we are assuming it will be canceled, but we haven’t canceled it yet because of the cruise in the middle... which we are hoping will be canceled. We don’t want to cancel the cruise because we’ve paid in full and won’t get much back if we cancel at this point. We probably should just cancel the rooms before and after, but we’re waiting another week or two.
OP, are you waiting for a reservation to be canceled?

I would think DVC resorts will be open by July. In fact I think they may well open a couple of weeks before the parks. I can see why you would want to cancel if the cruise is cancelled though.

Who are you cruising with? I thought DCL were offering 125% credit against the next 18 months. Is that only if DCL cancel the cruise?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RememberWhen

I would think DVC resorts will be open by July. In fact I think they may well open a couple of weeks before the parks. I can see why you would want to cancel if the cruise is cancelled though.

Who are you crushing with? I thought DCL were offering 125% credit against the next 18 months. Is that only if DCL cancel the cruise?
We’re scheduled on the Dream July 5-10. I’m pretty sure the 125% credit applies only if DCL cancels. And I think they were being flexible early on with cancellations, but now that they canceled so many standard cancellation policies apply.
We’re likely to cancel the DVC rooms in the next couple weeks. We’ve got a large group and it’s a lot of points. They can be banked for next year and we can try again. The cruise is stressful though.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
We’re scheduled on the Dream July 5-10. I’m pretty sure the 125% credit applies only if DCL cancels. And I think they were being flexible early on with cancellations, but now that they canceled so many standard cancellation policies apply.
We’re likely to cancel the DVC rooms in the next couple weeks. We’ve got a large group and it’s a lot of points. They can be banked for next year and we can try again. The cruise is stressful though.

Fingers crossed for you that you can cancel and re-plan for later. 🤞

Upvote 0

Rob562

DCL is now cancelling through July 27th, so I presume you'll be getting notified soon.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Minthorne

1589486583030.png

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom