How early do you start packing for your trip to WDW?

wdw535

I was just wondering how early everybody starts packing clothes, and stuff for your WDW trips. This will be my 7th trip to WDW and I leave in 10 days. I have started thinking about packing already, but as I am about to, I tell myself its too early for some reason and dont open my suitcase.

One reason for this I think is because in 2002, I had everything packed & ready for a HUGE trip to WDW & then 3 days before we were supposed to leave, we had to cancel our trip b/c my grandmother got sick and was in the hospital (she has since passed) :( . Im thinking if I pack too early, I am just waiting for something to happen which could ruin/cancel my trip.

Even though I dont want to, Im probably going to be stuck packing the night before I'm supposed to leave, just to "prevent" anything that could happen if I pack too early.

So how early do you pack for your WDW trips? I need to get some other opinions here to make me feel better about packing in advance, and not waiting till the last minute.

Thanks!! :wave:

KnK

Ok....start the mental packing list several months ahead of time.

Then a couple of months ahead (right now) I am starting to put the paper list together. Listing clothes that will need to be taken. The list has his/hers/both cagetories as well as the long list of other items.

Then I start making sure that the clothes are clean/pressed and/or dry cleaned. The weekend before I start the packing process and check off items as the get packed. We tend to have the 'special disney only' clothes so we don't have to worry about living out of suitcases.

Then the day of I just have to put the last few items that we used that morning to get ready.

Yes.......I know............very excessives...........but it makes the vacation seem a little each closer each day of the process. Just like visiting these boards on a daily or even more basis!

Upvote 0

Senderella

When we went last May, I had packed like.. oh maybe 2-3 weeks early? Just so it'd be done. They were sitting right by the front door waiting to go. This past Feb, I had packed about a week/week & a half early. I do keep a Disney-dedicated toiletry bag though. I just never unpack the thing. I will pin a note to the outside if I'm low on this or the other to replace it when I get home. Plus its nice to just grab it & go if we're going out of town other than to WDW. I do start a few months before getting my lists done and figuring out exactly what we're going to need (clothes or otherwise) and start buying stuff if need be.

Upvote 0

Raven66

I'm really bad. I will start my lists a couple of months ahead of time. I buy stuff for the toiletries bag and put that aside. Now that my daughter is older she wants her own bag and suitcase. So I pack her toiletries as well. Then I look for sales on clothes and if I find something good, I buy it and put it in a suitcase for the trip. Every year we get new socks and undies that I just put in the suitcase. About a week ahead I buy some snacks and quick breakfast items and put them in a suitcase. Usually by the night before everything is pack and we are bagged, tagged and ready to load into the car. I also have an extra hotel bag packed for the night before our plane leaves and the carry on packed with meds, magazines, and my official WDW folder with all my ressies and papers that get sent to us, menus printed out and any other stuff I can think of.:D

Now that I read my post, it sounds a bit odd and obsessive.:eek:

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Raven66 said:
I'm really bad. I will start my lists a couple of months ahead of time. I buy stuff for the toiletries bag and put that aside. Now that my daughter is older she wants her own bag and suitcase. So I pack her toiletries as well. Then I look for sales on clothes and if I find something good, I buy it and put it in a suitcase for the trip. Every year we get new socks and undies that I just put in the suitcase. About a week ahead I buy some snacks and quick breakfast items and put them in a suitcase. Usually by the night before everything is pack and we are bagged, tagged and ready to load into the car. I also have an extra hotel bag packed for the night before our plane leaves and the carry on packed with meds, magazines, and my official WDW folder with all my ressies and papers that get sent to us, menus printed out and any other stuff I can think of.:D

Now that I read my post, it sounds a bit odd and obsessive.:eek:
Actually, it sounds a lot like me.... :lookaroun

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

I am 39 days out, and have been packed for a few day now. I can do it only because I wear work clothes and sweatpants during the summer, and my shorts and tank tops only come out for vacations. I do like to pack at least the travel toiletries early on, to make sure I have everything. I usually re-pack about a week before and the night before we leave, and I usually end up pulling out a few items that I know I won't use.

Upvote 0

DisneySam

Oh I start planning what I will take months in advance. [I know for August] then I start really packing 2+ weeks out. I can't wait to use my new Mickey Luggage I got for my birthday!!!

Upvote 0

FanofDinsey1981

DisneySam said:
Oh I start planning what I will take months in advance. [I know for August] then I start really packing 2+ weeks out. I can't wait to use my new Mickey Luggage I got for my birthday!!!

OH! Did you get the red or black set? I got the black set for my birthday (which is friday!) a few weeks ago from my parents.

Upvote 0

KrazyKemp

I don't officially "start" packing until the night before.

But in the weeks before the trip, I usually make mental notes to myself...

"Don't forget this shirt" or "Don't forget your money."

"Don't forget your Disney World Packet" is a big one, lol.

Upvote 0

DolFan

I make a list of what I need to bring about a week before so I do not forget anything. Then about 2 days before I leave I will start packing some things, but mostly I will pack the night before I leave.

Upvote 0

Senderella

KrazyKemp said:
I don't officially "start" packing until the night before.

But in the weeks before the trip, I usually make mental notes to myself...

"Don't forget this shirt" or "Don't forget your money."

"Don't forget your Disney World Packet" is a big one, lol.

I start leaving post its by the front door to make sure I've gotten everything as we're loading up.

Upvote 0

cmatt

im a student - so 30 mins before i escape for the plane to london gatwick here... i dont even plan what im taking apart from anything that i buy for footware - although waiting and just going on the day that i arrive is mighty tempting come to think about it ;) . Aftershave - get in duty free (ive normally run out by the beggining of august anyway) or tax free as they call it.... Shower gel - mrs cmatt packs - de oderant - *meh* - only a can so to speak. Tooth brush and toothpaste i buy from the airport aswell...

Lifes too short to pack or plan to pack months ahead! I would be more organised - but thats a sign of growing up :p

Upvote 0

macsmom

As of today, I have 120 days left before I leave....and I have already started "gathering" stuff. Sounds better than packing! I want to make sure I bring enough of this & that, so I have gathered a few things. My toiletries are already packed since I keep those packed and I just got my new Mickey luggage Monday so I haven't quite started offically packing yet.

danna

Upvote 0

coltow

K&K said:
Ok....start the mental packing list several months ahead of time.

Then a couple of months ahead (right now) I am starting to put the paper list together. Listing clothes that will need to be taken. The list has his/hers/both cagetories as well as the long list of other items.

Then I start making sure that the clothes are clean/pressed and/or dry cleaned. The weekend before I start the packing process and check off items as the get packed. We tend to have the 'special disney only' clothes so we don't have to worry about living out of suitcases.

Then the day of I just have to put the last few items that we used that morning to get ready.

My husband would think we are related. About 2 months out I start with toiletries, and make a list of what needs to be purchased.

About 1 month before I begin lists, one for me and 1 for DS. I cross things off the list as they get packed and always leave, wallet, tickets, $$, and id's for the end so they will NOT be forgotten. I packed my son's stuff with 2 weeks to go so that I knew he was done and made sure there was nothing left to be picked up at the store. I pack my stuff with about a week to go.

DH packs his stuff 2 days before and never makes a list.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom