How early do you pack?

Mikester71

since i haven't been to 'the world' in December in years, i'm going to wait until a few days before so I can check the weather forecast. I'd hate to pack shorts and have it be chilly, and i'd hate to pack jeans and have it be warm.

Pack a bit of both, just in case. Can't go wrong that way! :ROFLOL:

BepsiCola

We are arriving the 1st December so I will pack the week before and then toiletries on the day. Due to the fab british weather we have hardly used our summer clothes so I could probably have packed in July!!!!!!:lol:
Three weeks today only 14 more days in work Woo Hoo:xmas:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Things are placed in suitcases up to three weeks before we leave when we know that the item won't be needed at home again. Underwear and other daily items will be washed ironed and packed the day before. The suitcases are then closed and locked before we go to bed

Philo

Usually just the day before. I don't have a huge variety of clothes and my wife is a light traveler so it doesn't take long at all. If I packed any earlier, I wouldn't have anything to wear before the holiday!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Actual packing will be done the weekend before we travel, as we leave straight after work. The night before departure I do a quick check then lock the bags. Next day load and away. Ultimately we only need or tickets passports and plastic, everything else can be replaced.

Susan Savia

Two months out, the suitcase is open in the spare bedroom and I have put in the shorts and tees already. As we have the holidays prior to our trip, I will have much of the packing done two weeks before we go.

disneydiva72

since i haven't been to 'the world' in December in years, i'm going to wait until a few days before so I can check the weather forecast. I'd hate to pack shorts and have it be chilly, and i'd hate to pack jeans and have it be warm.

We were in MK last December for the VMCP and sweated out butts off, the humidity was KILLER.....but the year before we needed scarves, hats and gloves.

PACK EVERYTHING! :lol:

WhatJaneSays

... you mean you're supposed to unpack?!? :veryconfu

I'm a notorious last minute packer. It's always the night before or, if we're leaving in the afternoon, the morning of I'm packing like a crazed woman. A lot of my Disney-specific stuff stays packed; my pin lanyard, autograph book, sun screen, my extra pair of Mickey Crocs, bathing suit and a load of other miscellaneous things that I've discovered that I only use at Disney. Actually after years of dealing with a sick mother that I might have to travel with to who-knows-where to see a doctor (not so much any more thank God) I kept an overnight bag ready and in the car at all times. I've continued to do that ... so in theory I could be ready to go in seconds if I'm at home to grab my Disney stuff.

Which I've done ... more than once. :lookaroun

Tiggerfanatic

I've had a laundry basket in the corner of the spare room since June that I've been filling with new clothes that I've found on sale, toothbrushes, autograph books, etc., for the kids (since they don't know we're going, their mother couldn't buy stuff early, so I've been doing it)

I officially got the suitcase out of the closet and on the spare bed this past Saturday (37 days out), and in went the new underwear & socks, Disney shirts, travel toiletries. I'll be adding to the pile every day, then the day before I'll take everything back out, resort and repack before we head to the airport.

figment3258

When we go in the winter I pack up to a month before because we are not going to be wearing shorts anytime soon in ma. I also always mail a box of baby supplies and snacks to the hotel and that goes down at least 3 weeks before. In the summer i pack what i can a week before and then everything else gets thrown in the night before.

hwdelien

I usually pack a lot 3-4 days before. We usually go in April or the first week of May and since, being from Pittsburgh, the weather usually hasn't broken yet all of the summer clothes are not needed yet. But, usually, the final packing is done the afternoon that we are leaving.

DisneyMusician2

My wife is the pakcer among us, and she loves to have things ready two weeks in advance. We find that people get too excited too close and forget to pack what they need or figure out they need something which has to be washed tonight even though we are leaving in 6 hours.

So the suitcases sit in the living room, ready to go.

(It's a good thing she does it, 'cause I HATE PACKING!!)

Hot4Hudgens

I don't usually pack until a day or 2 in advance. I end up hating myself for it because I always leave something behind. I should get the ball rolling now that I have a solid week to get my things together, eh?

BigRedDad

I pack the night before or the morning of. I am a guy, so I don't care if my clothes are wrinkled. I am on vacation. I have purchased all the non-clothes things we need. If we forget something, they have it there. If we don't pack enough, I wake up before the owls and can do a load of laundry.

coltow

we leave on dec. 7th and I'm thinking of packing now only because I'm not wearing shorts anymore here so I wont miss them being packed away.:veryconfu
I leave 4 weeks from today. I did this over the weekend. I left out some of my kids' shorts from the summer. I took out a suitcase and threw in the clothes in that I knew they would not need before we leave. Along with the few new items I had bought for them. I also did the same for myself. I will continue over the next few weeks to put things in the suitcase or put things aside that any of us will need. Doing it this way works for me so that I don't forget anything. Then a couple days before I check the weather and either can add or subtract articles of clothing. I'm figuring we'll each need a few pairs of pants and a sweatshirt and will bring winter hats for the kids just in case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom