How early do they let you in?

Ember

Original Poster
We have an 8am ADR at CP coming up in April. We have never done an ADR before the park opens. What time will they let us into MK for our reservation? And what happens if we finish before the park opens? We just mill about the hub until they open the lands? Any tips or helpful info are appreciated :)

HouCuseChickie

It's usually sometime between 7:40 & 7:45am that they'll start letting people into MK for pre-park opening meals, etc. If you finish before the park opens they used hold you to certain areas- i.e. roped off; however, they've been allowing the regular crowds in the parks so much earlier these days that I don't think that will happen to you anymore. The biggest tip...soak it in and take pics as you enter. Enjoy!

Ember

Original Poster
Thank you! I was worried that we wouldn't have time to take pics before breakfast and I am dying to get pics in a mostly empty park :inlove:

gooftroop5

We try to do an early morning ressie at CP every trip. There will be a special queue (on the very left side last time we were there!) for those with ressies to line up in. We love walking down main street and snapping a few pictures. When you finish with breakfast figure out which "land" you want to start in and head that way. You will have to wait behind the "rope" until the park officially opens.

I might do this next December. Would the buses pick be available from our resort - POR - to the MK or would we have to drive ourselves?

I can't answer about buses. We always drive ourselves because it is usually faster and more reliable. :)

HouCuseChickie

I might do this next December. Would the buses pick be available from our resort - POR - to the MK or would we have to drive ourselves?

Resort buses typically start running between 6:30-6:45am. While there are other purposes, one of the big reasons is to accommodate guests who have early ADRs. I usually check with the front desk the night before to find out when the earliest bus arrives and see if they normally run every 15min. I always have cab fare as a back up plan. With the exception of awful waits for a buses at WL, we've had great luck with early morning buses for these kinds of ADRs. And like anything...best to allow some extra time just in case you need it.

Disnee4Me

Resort buses typically start running between 6:30-6:45am. While there are other purposes, one of the big reasons is to accommodate guests who have early ADRs. I usually check with the front desk the night before to find out when the earliest bus arrives and see if they normally run every 15min. I always have cab fare as a back up plan. With the exception of awful waits for a buses at WL, we've had great luck with early morning buses for these kinds of ADRs. And like anything...best to allow some extra time just in case you need it.
Thanks for the info.

Ember

Original Poster
We try to do an early morning ressie at CP every trip. There will be a special queue (on the very left side last time we were there!) for those with ressies to line up in. We love walking down main street and snapping a few pictures. When you finish with breakfast figure out which "land" you want to start in and head that way. You will have to wait behind the "rope" until the park officially opens.

I can't answer about buses. We always drive ourselves because it is usually faster and more reliable. :)
We're going to have a rental car with us this time, so I'm thinking driving ourselves will be easier.

We're going to have a rental car with us this time, so I'm thinking driving ourselves will be easier.

Just consider that, if you drive, you'll have to park at the Transportation & Ticket Center and wait for a ferry or monorail to get to the MK gates. If you take a bus, you get dropped off just outside the gates. It could be a tossup about which way is faster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom