How does your young child sleep in the same room?

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
When my kids where young and now having two grandchildern (4 and 6), I would not want to stay anywhere but on property. What worked for us, go to the parks early, return to the room when the parks fill up around noon, rest awhile and than return to the parks in the late afternoon when others start heading off property.

nolatron

Last trip was just myself and my 3yr old DD. We stayed in a studio at the AKV where she slept on the sofa bed and I on the bed (they are right next to each other is these rooms). Had no problems with her falling asleep and staying asleep. Like many have said, she was pretty tired by the end of the night (if she made it back to the resort awake) where sleep wasn't an issue.

However, even though sleeping isn't an issue in a regular room we still prefer staying offsite in a suite so just we can put her in the living room to sleep and we can stay up with the lights/tv on the bedroom.

Off site doesn't necessarily have to be the only option for a suite. Have you checked out the new Art of Animation which is all family suites right now. I'm not sure how the prices compare, but it might be a better option.

You can get a suite offsite for nearly a third to half the price of what Disney charges for a AoA suite depending on season.

For our trip next year the room only cost for 7 nights is:

Art of Animation Suite: $2,314
Buena Vista Suites: $858.38 (Another $40 gets you a king bed and a whirlpool tub)

wiigirl

We usually don't have problem, the kids are usually wiped after our days at the parks. :p
75.gif

6laurac

Original Poster
Update
Last trip was just myself and my 3yr old DD. We stayed in a studio at the AKV where she slept on the sofa bed and I on the bed (they are right next to each other is these rooms). Had no problems with her falling asleep and staying asleep. Like many have said, she was pretty tired by the end of the night (if she made it back to the resort awake) where sleep wasn't an issue.

However, even though sleeping isn't an issue in a regular room we still prefer staying offsite in a suite so just we can put her in the living room to sleep and we can stay up with the lights/tv on the bedroom.

You can get a suite offsite for nearly a third to half the price of what Disney charges for a AoA suite depending on season.

For our trip next year the room only cost for 7 nights is:

Art of Animation Suite: $2,314
Buena Vista Suites: $858.38 (Another $40 gets you a king bed and a whirlpool tub)

Thanks for the help, I looked at Buena Vista Suites and are now booked at WestGate Towers (yes I know the timeshare drill is a drag) but the price is like $78 a night for two bedrooms and two bathrooms.

cbettua

I took my son when he was 11 months old. Put the playpen between us and he would fall asleep. Naps he would fall asleep with daddy in bed, it seems daddy always needed a nap too ;)

coachwnh

In the Parks
Yes
our kids are 9 and 7 now. when we made our first trip to WDW they were 5 and 3. They sleep now like they did then, out as soon as they hit the pillow!! after long days in the parks, we get back, shower up, and hit the hay. they would sleep on the floor they are so tired. in fact, most days they fall asleep on the bus back to the resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom