How Does Virtual Queue Work?

nickys

Premium Member
Just wanting to clarify that if you scanned into Epcot (for example) in the morning and then left to return to resort or hopped to another park, do you have to still be physically in Epcot or has this changed to where you just have to have tapped into Epcot earlier?
This is the million dollar question.

When park hopping started at 2pm you could tap into Epcot, leave and still book the VQ at 1pm. Disney don’t know when you leave a park.

Now that it’s possible to have tapped into a second park after Epcot by 1pm, it isn’t clear whether you disqualify yourself by doing so.

I haven’t seen any reports of people testing this out yet.

DisneyFanatic12

Just wanting to clarify that if you scanned into Epcot (for example) in the morning and then left to return to resort or hopped to another park, do you have to still be physically in Epcot or has this changed to where you just have to have tapped into Epcot earlier?
It used to just be that you had to have tapped into Epcot (or Magic Kingdom) before 1:00pm (and it takes up to 15 minutes for the server to sync, so don't get there RIGHT at 12:59pm).

As nickys said, this may have changed, but I do not believe that MDE has updated their location services to track the position of the person booking the reservation.

NelleBelle

Update!!

I’ve just seen confirmation that you can have tapped into a second park and still join the 1pm VQ.

So if you’ve tapped into Epcot in thee we’d morning and then hopped over to DHS at noon, you can still join the VQ for Guardians at 1pm
Thanks for the update! This is awesome news!!

Epcot4ME

Our first day in the parks will be Tuesday, March 19th. We want to get into the two SW rides at Galaxy's Edge. Since the park doesn't open until 9am, that's when the virtual queue opens? You have to be through the gate to use it, right?

NelleBelle

Our first day in the parks will be Tuesday, March 19th. We want to get into the two SW rides at Galaxy's Edge. Since the park doesn't open until 9am, that's when the virtual queue opens? You have to be through the gate to use it, right?
The first VQ is at 7am and you do not need to be in the park. For the 1pm VQ you have to have tapped in to the park prior to 1pm (but as @nickys updated, if you’ve tapped in earlier you don’t have to be in the park—like if you went back to the resort). There’s also a VQ at 6pm for those parks and nights where extra evening hours are going on.

RoadiJeff

There are no virtual queue rides in Galaxy's Edge or anywhere in Hollywood Studios.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
So it's Genie + or lightning lane only? How do you get a boarding group for those rides?
You can purchase an Individual Lightning Lane for Rise of the Resistance (price fluctuates between $20-25 per person) or wait standby.

Smugglers Run is available on Genie+ (price varies per day) as are most other attractions. Of course standby is always available.

Genie+ can be purchase after midnight on the day you visit. Individual Lightning Lane can be purchased at 7am for resort guests or at park opening for offsite guests.

Epcot4ME

Thanks a lot. It's been since before 2020 when we last visited and things have changed so much.

I guess that G+ and LL work the same as far as priority goes? I'm as likely to get in with either system?

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Thanks a lot. It's been since before 2020 when we last visited and things have changed so much.

If you don’t get LL or G+ for either, we noticed that the wait times went down substantially an hour or so after park opening when we were there last week. Not sure if that was an anomaly though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom