How does splitting meals on the DDP work?

TikiBeckie

Original Poster
I am curious...if DH and I decide to split one night, how does it work? How do they know we're both on the plan, and not just splitting with someone who is not on the plan? Do they even let you split with people not on the plan?

spike595

It's on your "Key to the Kingdom" card. It basically works like a room charge deducting from your balance of meals left on your DDP. I s'pose they wouldn't know. But then you would use up your meals faster.

shoppingnut

Yes, you can split a meal and not be charged for 2 meals on the DDP. Just pay for the extra soda and/or coffee separately by asking for those on a separate check.

Lucky

I am curious...if DH and I decide to split one night, how does it work? How do they know we're both on the plan, and not just splitting with someone who is not on the plan? Do they even let you split with people not on the plan?
Of course they don't know who is on your reservation. You are not supposed to split a meal charged to your dining plan with someone who is not under your reservation. But they would need photo cards to enforce this, wouldn't they?

vmkaddict

It's really no different than ordering only 1 snack at a time, it just gets subtracted from the total you have remaining, use them as you like. The problem is, you may have quite a few left by the end of the week, hope you're still hungry :D

Lucky

It's really no different than ordering only 1 snack at a time, it just gets subtracted from the total you have remaining, use them as you like. The problem is, you may have quite a few left by the end of the week, hope you're still hungry :D
We mostly split counter service, which gave us enough to cover breakfast and lunch every day. We split table service meals twice, so we could do Cinderella's Royale Table, which charges 2 credits per person.

pinkrose

I plan on splitting some of our sit downs with one of my kids. My son counts as an adult, but won't eat that much food. We'll just use the left over credits at one of our character breakfasts.

JPVonDrake

While on the Disney Dining Plan, your room will have a pre-allotment of meal entitlements to use in at any time, in any order, by anyone in the room, until each entitlement is depleted or until midnight on the date you are scheduled to check-out. The only restriction is only children ages 3-9 may use child entitlements (this is new for 2007) and they must order from the children's menu when available.

Say a family of 5 (2 adults 18+, 3 children ages 3,9,12) book a 5 night / 6 day vacation in 2007. Immediately upon check-in your family will have 15 Adult Table Service Meals, 15 Adult Counter Service Meals, 10 Child Table Service Meals, 10 Child Counter Service Meals, and 25 snacks. (3 guests 10+ times 5 nights, 2 guests ages 3-9 times 5 nights) You can use them up all in the first day if you want (and are really, really hungry:slurp: ) or spread them out any way you choose. Just finish them up before you depart for home!

Yes, you are welcome to use your entitlements for yourself and your family on the plan, or for other friends, family members, or complete strangers that are not on the plan as you see fit. You also are welcome to use the plan only for select Guests at your table. Simply inform your wait staff / cashier of your intentions before ordering.

Dwarful

Great, so just let me double check. Lets say my group is going to eat dinner at Sci-Fi, my niece is 12 and will be paying the adult rates but won't eat that much food. She could split a dinner w/my 6 yr old daughter (saving my daughters sit down childs meal for a breakfast or other meal). I only buy my daughters drink on a second bill. correct? We have a group of 12, 9 adult prices and 3 child prices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom