How does parking work if you do a direct room check in?

thomas998

Original Poster
In all our past stays we did the in person check-in... and in the process got a sheet of paper to put in our car window that allowed us to pass through parking lot pay windows without having to even roll the window down, just pointing to the pass seemed to be enough... IF we do the direct to room check in how does that impact parking? Do you get a pdf of the parking pass to print before you arrive to put in the window?

lostpro9het

This past week when checking into AKL we didn't get one. We just showed our ID and tapped our band and went in. When we changed to BLT later on we followed the same process but this time was given a paper pass from the guard.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
We did direct-to-room in April at POFQ. There was no pass waiting for us at the guard gate or in the room. When I went to inquire at the front desk, I was told the pass was unnecessary, as we could use our MagicBand at the park toll booths.

thomas998

Original Poster
I like the paper passes way better. I like the idea of the MB, but it is a pain to have t take it off, then put it back on.

100% agree on that one... Last time we stayed at the wilderness cabins and every day when we got back from the parks I had to take my magic band off and stretch like a contortionist to reach the reader that opened the gate

thomas998

Original Poster
So, when you drive in to a resort you can scan your band in the other lane instead of going to the guard?
Yes, that is how it worked for us when we were there last time. Depending on how late we got back to the resort the guard shack was sometimes empty and we had to scan our magic band... When the guard was there and there was no line for the guard we used the guard instead of the magic band because it is a pain to remove the band and get it just right for the reader.

reptar77

We got a paper pass from the guard when we first arrived at BLT last month. FYI when you first arrive your magic band will not open the guard gate. I tried and my band didn't work, I was told that it is a tier entrance. You first have to open your room door before it will work at the gate.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
On a previous stay at Pop Century, I somehow managed to lose my paper parking pass. I went down to the front desk and they told me it was only necessary for me to get another one if I was going to be driving to the parks (so that they wouldn't charge me for parking there). So, unless you're planning on driving to the parks, you don't need one. If you want to drive to the parks, you should be able to go to the front desk and have them print you one. :)

thomas998

Original Poster
Anything that helps us stop using paper i am for, in this instance, technology.

Scan your band, save a tree! :):D

Of course your ignoring the fact that the amount of pollution generated from the electricity to power the automation, added to the amount created in the manufacturing of the electronics and plastic in the magic band will not only be enough to kill that tree you saved but also several baby seals and assortment of song birds... But hey... we saved a tree - right?

In the end every human activity beyond mere survival is at the needless expense of another life form... and if you really want to talk about saving trees maybe the first thing to do is ban places like Disney from even existing... How much waste does Disney generate each day... not just in tossed food wrappers in the parks, but in marketing junk sent to potential visitors... the big paper box that is used to deliver magic bands.... and you think a thin sheet of paper for parking is an issue? Consider the big picture.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
In all our past stays we did the in person check-in... and in the process got a sheet of paper to put in our car window that allowed us to pass through parking lot pay windows without having to even roll the window down, just pointing to the pass seemed to be enough... IF we do the direct to room check in how does that impact parking? Do you get a pdf of the parking pass to print before you arrive to put in the window?
MagicBand did the trick for us.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Of course your ignoring the fact that the amount of pollution generated from the electricity to power the automation, added to the amount created in the manufacturing of the electronics and plastic in the magic band will not only be enough to kill that tree you saved but also several baby seals and assortment of song birds... But hey... we saved a tree - right?

In the end every human activity beyond mere survival is at the needless expense of another life form... and if you really want to talk about saving trees maybe the first thing to do is ban places like Disney from even existing... How much waste does Disney generate each day... not just in tossed food wrappers in the parks, but in marketing junk sent to potential visitors... the big paper box that is used to deliver magic bands.... and you think a thin sheet of paper for parking is an issue? Consider the big picture.
You forgot all the human flatulance from the high fat food served.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom