How Does Park Re-Entry Work These Days?

AngryEyes

It's been a while since we were able to make it to either DL or WDW and I remember hand stamps for re-entry at one or both parks. How does it work these days?

We plan to leave the parks just about every day for pool/nap at the Poly. Do you just swipe out and then back in or does the KTTW automatically allow multiple entries to the same park?

Disney_Dad88

I talked to a CM on WDW Chat the other day, and they said they use a fingerprint system now. When we go on our trip, I wanted to eat at Be Our Guest that night but I wanted to leave the park and get freshened up and then come back. When I asked them about it, that's what they said they do. Not sure if anybody else has had this done to them though.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It's been a while since we were able to make it to either DL or WDW and I remember hand stamps for re-entry at one or both parks. How does it work these days?

We plan to leave the parks just about every day for pool/nap at the Poly. Do you just swipe out and then back in or does the KTTW automatically allow multiple entries to the same park?

WDW hasn't had stamps in a long time. DLC was still using them when I went in Feb though...

You just use your park ticket (or key to the world card or magicband) at the turnstyle and put your finger on a reader.

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

I talked to a CM on WDW Chat the other day, and they said they use a fingerprint system now. When we go on our trip, I wanted to eat at Be Our Guest that night but I wanted to leave the park and get freshened up and then come back. When I asked them about it, that's what they said they do. Not sure if anybody else has had this done to them though.

Correct. You would scan (or with the new RFID media, wave) your ticket and place your finger on the biometric scanner. When you leave the park, you just go through turnstiles, no ticket or biometric scan required.

If you are re-entering the park on the same day, it's the same as if you are visiting the first time. No special return lines or anything, just repeat the process above.

Upvote 0

Patrick_Ears

Yes sir we sure did.

Upvote 0

DManRightHere

Stamps are more fun, but I know it's not needed anymore.

I could have sworn the wife had her hand stamped 3 years ago I think. We had hopper tix anyways, but she got a stamp. Or at least I thought.

Upvote 0

harryk

The magic-bands solved all those problems and issues. Just remember what finger you used the first time you entered any of the 4 parks. DW still has those memory problems!!

Upvote 0

Tinkerfan4ever

If you are at DisneyLAND - you still have to get a handstamp. (At least as of Aug 2013). We tried to park hop with our parkhopper tickets from DCA to DL and didn't get the handstamp. We received quite the talking too and didn't we read the really tiny print on the back of our ticket? They did let us hop but told us any time we leave a park to make sure to get our hand stamped. Believe me... we didn't even think about leaving without a handstamp at that point! (That was really the only negative thing I have to say about DL by the way!)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom