How does EMH work...

MaXXimus

Im just wondering because I know on the day we arrive that MK has evening EMH... is there some type of special ticket or something I need to stay after the regular hours? And what about trying to go to an early EMH?

bob0012

Im just wondering because I know on the day we arrive that MK has evening EMH... is there some type of special ticket or something I need to stay after the regular hours? And what about trying to go to an early EMH?

When you check in part of the packet you get will outline EMH including which rides are open, what the hours are and where/when to get your braclet.

Upvote 0

PSUDisney77

I know MK was mentioned, but does anyone know where they hand out wristbands in the other 3 parks? I'm interested particularly in Epcot as they will have extra evening hours during one night of my upcoming trip.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

The EMH procedures (wristbands, etc.) and rules are exactly the same at all 4 parks.

It's all quite simple.

Disney will never post the hours that EMH is available. They ONLY publish the times a park is open to the general public. You must do the EMH math yourself.

Morning EMH is one hour prior to park opening. All you need to get in is your room key (each person needs their own).

Evening EMH is 3 hours after park closing. I know they say "up to" 3 hours, but it's 3 hours ... count on it. Starting two hours before public park closing, there will be several teams of CMs (at various spots in the park) who will be distributing EMH wristbands. The procedure is that they scan each individual's resort ID and then place a wristband on each individual's wrist. In other words, unlike with FASTPASS, you can't grab everyone's card and get a handful of wristbands -- everyone has to do it for themselves.

Once EMH starts, people without wristbands are never asked to leave the park, but they will not be permitted on rides or in attractions.

You can ebter a park even after the public closing time. So theoretically, if the park closes at 10 PM to the public and it's EMH night, you can enter the park at midnight, get a wristband, and ride for an hour until EMH ends.

Upvote 0

bob0012

I know MK was mentioned, but does anyone know where they hand out wristbands in the other 3 parks? I'm interested particularly in Epcot as they will have extra evening hours during one night of my upcoming trip.

MK:
Main Entrance, Caribbean Plaza, Liberty Square Riverboat Landing, Space Mountain, and Pinocchio Village Haus

EPCOT:
Main Entrance, Future World East & West Breezeways, International Gateway, Mexico Bridge

MGM:
Corner of Hollywood Blvd and Vin St next to Keystone Clothiers, Radio Disney courtyard next to Sounds Dangerous, and in courtyard near Rock n Roller Coaster

AK:
Main Entrance Oasis near Garden Gate Gifts, It's Tough to be a Bug Fast Pass, Harambe School in Africa, Kali River Rapids Fastpass, and Dinoland USA near Chester & Hester's Dinosaur Treasures.

Upvote 0

bob0012

Disney will never post the hours that EMH is available. They ONLY publish the times a park is open to the general public. You must do the EMH math yourself.

Not true, as I said when you check in you are given a times guide for EMH. See Below for proof.

The procedure is that they scan each individual's resort ID and then place a wristband on each individual's wrist.
Never seen them scan the id, in fact at most locations they don't have scanners.

Attachments

• Email.jpg
    Email.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Email 001.jpg
    Email 001.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 32
Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Not true, as I said when you check in you are given a times guide for EMH. See Below for proof.
Fair enough. I stand corrected. What I should have said is when they post regular park hours, the hours listed are always for the general public. In other words, outside of a separate special EMH times guide like you so kindly posted, Disney lists the public park times, and you must do the EMH math yourself.

Never seen them scan the id, in fact at most locations they don't have scanners.
This past November, I never got an EMH wristband without my card being scanned, all week.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

They will take your room key and run it thru a hand scanner, I have had that done every time since EMH started. Thats how they know you have a valid room key and park ticket.

Upvote 0

bob0012

They will take your room key and run it thru a hand scanner, I have had that done every time since EMH started. Thats how they know you have a valid room key and park ticket.

Every time I've done it they litterly took it, looked at the dates on the front, then handed it back. Although I usually tend to be there for times like New Years Eve, so maybe they weren't doing it due to sheer volume of people.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom