How do you rate the Universal Halloween event?

daikonjam

Went last year for my 18th birthday. Let me tell you, it's mostly the drunk guys that are the most annoying.... And the 13-17 year old kids that go with huge groups of people.

But you will REALLY get scared. I was chased out of a scare zone last year, crying. It's BAD. I mean, it's GOOD, but ... you know what I mean.

LSonDubz

I usually go just because I like the themeing and halloween in general. As someone touched on ealrier, it's hard to get a good "scare" since they push 50 people through the same room in a single file line. I can say in my 7 years of going, I've never been scared.

As for the loud / obnoxious people, you will definitely run into them. In the lines, outside of lines they push the alcohol on you. My only issue though ever has been with 2 guys in a house grabbing my ______ and literally reaching around and trying to grab my "package", let's just say they won't be showing up to a halloween horror nights event for some time.

Patrick_Ears

I really want to go to this!!! Me and the wife is looking to come next year for the weekend. Show up on Friday and leave Sunday. I love Halloween!!

I act in a haunted house here in New Orleans, i see small children come in and they are like scared out of there minds. But some come in and enjoy it just like a adult.

AswaySuller

I also have never had a problem with "not being scared" even if you're in lines I found actors were aware of this and would scare the middle/end of the line too.

I don't get scared at much but HHN genuinely made me jumpy and nervy.... its awesome

Slipknot

Thank-you. I booked the RIP tour. Since the girls are 17, I have to go too. :lookaroun Being one of the world's biggest fraidy cats has me nervous. I'm watching tons of youtube videos to try to desensitize a little. The salesperson said that I do not have to go through the haunted houses. Thinking I may have a drink or ten before I go.

If you are worried, drink a little beer or a mixed drink while in line and it'll help you out. At least it helps some people I know.

We went in 2007 on a Sunday and it was a madhouse. I can not emphasize enough how important the express passes are if you want to see all of the houses. Unfortunately by the time we realized this they were sold out. Next time we won't make that mistake!

timeman

Thank-you. I booked the RIP tour. Since the girls are 17, I have to go too. :lookaroun Being one of the world's biggest fraidy cats has me nervous. I'm watching tons of youtube videos to try to desensitize a little. The salesperson said that I do not have to go through the haunted houses. Thinking I may have a drink or ten before I go.

You will definitely enjoy the RIP tour. It is worth every penny you pay for it. When you get to Guest Services that day they will send you to a room where you will meet up with your tour guide. They have a Cash Bar in there if you want to get a drink while waiting. During the tour if you want to stop at one of the stands to get a drink, just let the tour guide know and they will stop while you get your drink.

The good thing about the RIP Tour is that you will not have to wait in any lines for the Houses and they have reserved seating set aside for the Bill & Ted show.

I will be doing the RIP Tour when I go there next month.

Slipknot

We went in 2007 on a Sunday and it was a madhouse. I can not emphasize enough how important the express passes are if you want to see all of the houses. Unfortunately by the time we realized this they were sold out. Next time we won't make that mistake!

While Sunday is typically the least busiest of the weekend, you were still there on the weekend.

Crockett

Banned
You're 100 times more likely to see drunks at Epcot than either Universal park during normal operating hours. No one goes "drinking around the universe."
Yes, you do see drunks sometimes at WS. But observing the overall class of cliente that is usually drawn to Uni parks, it is (for the most part), less of the family-friendly class, and more of the party/thug crowd. Not that it's a bad thing per-say (we all like to have fun from time-to-time). But Six Flags & Uni parks tend to get more of the rowdy bunch moreso than Disney. Not saying Disney is exempt from the rule 100% of the time.

nerdboyrockstar

Yes, you do see drunks sometimes at WS. But observing the overall class of cliente that is usually drawn to Uni parks, it is (for the most part), less of the family-friendly class, and more of the party/thug crowd. Not that it's a bad thing per-say (we all like to have fun from time-to-time). But Six Flags & Uni parks tend to get more of the rowdy bunch moreso than Disney. Not saying Disney is exempt from the rule 100% of the time.

The overall class of clientele drawn to Uni parks? :lol: Sorry, buddy. The same "thugs" visiting Universal Orlando are the same "thugs" visiting Disney World: the ones that can afford to drop at least $100 a head on tickets.

And lumping in Universal with Six Flags? Nice try. There isn't one Six Flags park in the world in any way comparable to the Universal parks. Unfortunately, you'll have to pit Universal (as you so like to do) against Disney and the Busch parks. They're the biggest players in the industry and for a reason.

bayoubelle

amuck, amuck, amuck

:ROFLOL: Class of clientele-are you sure your user name is not crock of something?
Go to Epcot during the Food and Wine Festival-it's like Bourbon Street on a weekend.

Rowdy

The overall class of clientele drawn to Uni parks? :lol: Sorry, buddy. The same "thugs" visiting Universal Orlando are the same "thugs" visiting Disney World: the ones that can afford to drop at least $100 a head on tickets.

And lumping in Universal with Six Flags? Nice try. There isn't one Six Flags park in the world in any way comparable to the Universal parks. Unfortunately, you'll have to pit Universal (as you so like to do) against Disney and the Busch parks. They're the biggest players in the industry and for a reason.

I can't believe I'm really sharing any type of opinion with Crockett, but here we go.

What's he saying is that local kids are more apt to go to Universal than they are to Disney. And he's right. Growing up fairly close to Orlando, where do you think all the high school friends wanted to go? Disney? Hell no, it's all about Universal. Guess what, they would drink, they would smoke pot, and they would have a good time (in their eyes). Nothing against Universal, it's works for them, it's just Disney isn't "cool".

It's also very comparable in that sense to Six Flags. I also lived near Six Flags Over Georgia for quiet a few years. Same story. He's not comparing the parks, he's comparing the kids that go them, and he's right.

Disney World isn't as fun for a teen/late teen aged kids, as say a Universal or Six Flags is.

Go to Epcot during the Food and Wine Festival-it's like Bourbon Street on a weekend.

You're correct. But, as we all know, most adults can handle their liquor better than college kids.

nerdboyrockstar

I can't believe I'm really sharing any type of opinion with Crockett, but here we go.

What's he saying is that local kids are more apt to go to Universal than they are to Disney. And he's right. Growing up fairly close to Orlando, where do you think all the high school friends wanted to go? Disney? Hell no, it's all about Universal. Guess what, they would drink, they would smoke pot, and they would have a good time (in their eyes). Nothing against Universal, it's works for them, it's just Disney isn't "cool".

It's also very comparable in that sense to Six Flags. I also lived near Six Flags Over Georgia for quiet a few years. Same story. He's not comparing the parks, he's comparing the kids that go them, and he's right.

Disney World isn't as fun for a teen/late teen aged kids, as say a Universal or Six Flags is.

And where are these drunk, high teens when I go to Universal? Because all I see when I go are families, field trips, tour groups, etc.. just like I see at Disney. And they're certainly not getting drinks there unless they have proper ID. Universal IDs everywhere.

And the parks are only open 9-6 usually. So are they getting blasted and visiting the parks during the mornings or early afternoon? :lol:

I've heard this about Universal and even Disneyland before and sorry, the thugs in DL's resort district in Anaheim and at the UO resort in Orlando are just not as prevalent as people on message boards would like to make it seem.

captainkidd

I didn't see any drunks at Universal. What I saw was more people that speak English, whatever that is indicative of. On our recent trip to Disney, if 2 out of every 10 people spoke English as their first language, that would be a stretch.

Rowdy

And where are these drunk, high teens when I go to Universal? Because all I see when I go are families, field trips, tour groups, etc.. just like I see at Disney. And they're certainly not getting drinks there unless they have proper ID. Universal IDs everywhere.

9/11 didn't happen either, because you weren't there to see it, did it?

You haven't seen it, you really think that means it doesn't happen, really? Let's be serious.

Plus, why did you bring up ID's? Universal isn't the only place in the world that serves alcohol. I also believe, where you drink it doesn't matter, you can enter a park inebriated.

nerdboyrockstar

9/11 didn't happen either, because you weren't there to see it, did it?

You haven't seen it, you really think that means it doesn't happen, really? Let's be serious.

Plus, why did you bring up ID's? Universal isn't the only place in the world that serves alcohol. I also believe, where you drink it doesn't matter, you can enter a park inebriated.

I did see September 11th happen on television, just like most, but thank you for that inane and irrelevant comment.

Anyway, when the question is the "overall class of clientele" that visits the Universal parks, that means there's a generalization of the visitors to Universal's parks. So yes, as someone who's visited the parks frequently over the years (and that's all of the Central Florida parks), I can pretty much say there is no difference in class between the visitors of all the parks.

So while you or Crockett might see Universal parks as having more thugs or drunks on your visits, I happen to see the same exact kind of people who are patronizing the parks up and down I-4. To suggest that the families who add days to their WDW trip to visit Universal and vice versa are somehow a lesser class of people isn't just insulting, it's completely false. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom