How Do YOU plan a 2021-2022 Trip NOW!?

yensid67

I have my own ideas, but I would like to know how others are planning their trips within the 2021-2022 season? I think that your ideas will help others!!!

DisneyJoe

I have my own ideas, but I would like to know how others are planning their trips within the 2021-2022 season? I think that your ideas will help others!!!
We can currently book travel packages and Pass Park Reservations thru 9/26/2021.
We don't know if Park Hopping or fireworks will be back before or after then.
IMO, you need to wait and see what happens.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Our Covid cancelled trip of 2020 is rebooked for 2021. Weve got the resort booked with our TA, upgraded from POFQ to Contemp. Weve arranged for the same numbers of days stay in May, but arriving a couple of days earlier in the month than before. We have already booked the park days to ensure we get access to the parks we want now. We have a list of the restaurants we know we want to make ADRs at and are just waiting for the 60 day time frame to book those. Hoping the ones we want are all reopened. We have a back up plan to work with in case some remain closed. We may have to go with ADR's by the park days we've chosen or if park hoppers open up we will alter plans but still have the restaurants we want. Having been to WDW multiple times I know how to maneuver the parks so I have an idea of how I want to do an entire single park day vs having park hopping availability. DW and I are already using masks, gloves, sanitizers and by the time we go, if things are still in place as now, it will be a normal process we are comfortable with so theres no changes to be made. We have an idea of how we will handle resort stay and park walk throughs to be safe.
We have no worries cause theres still plenty of time of wait and see to plan for what Disney has in place or changes they make that we will encounter.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Well, mine is for October 2020 but it's pretty much the same. Make a resort reservation and wait. As long as you have ticket media, I believe you can make park reservations for the length of your trip no matter how far out you make the reservation. Then it's at 60 days for ADRs. No 60 days for FP+ this time, however. That's pretty much it. Ironically, I like it better than before. Less pre-planning, especially when it comes to FP+. Just show up to the park and go the attraction you want when you want.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
Our Covid cancelled trip of 2020 is rebooked for 2021. Weve got the resort booked with our TA, upgraded from POFQ to Contemp. Weve arranged for the same numbers of days stay in May, but arriving a couple of days earlier in the month than before. We have already booked the park days to ensure we get access to the parks we want now. We have a list of the restaurants we know we want to make ADRs at and are just waiting for the 60 day time frame to book those. Hoping the ones we want are all reopened. We have a back up plan to work with in case some remain closed. We may have to go with ADR's by the park days we've chosen or if park hoppers open up we will alter plans but still have the restaurants we want. Having been to WDW multiple times I know how to maneuver the parks so I have an idea of how I want to do an entire single park day vs having park hopping availability. DW and I are already using masks, gloves, sanitizers and by the time we go, if things are still in place as now, it will be a normal process we are comfortable with so theres no changes to be made. We have an idea of how we will handle resort stay and park walk throughs to be safe.
We have no worries cause theres still plenty of time of wait and see to plan for what Disney has in place or changes they make that we will encounter.
So, you are suggesting for my 2022 trip to make plans and park reservations as soon as possible? Hopefully, things are calm down by the time your trip rolls around and HOPEFULLY by September 2022!!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

We were supposed to check in on 7/11/2020. I did not want to be there right as things reopened, masks all day in the heat is not fun and my parents weren't comfortable going at that time, so we rescheduled for Feb 2021. I canceled the 2020 trip as soon as we decided to push things to Feb and I booked Feb and made my park reservations as soon as they reopened packages for 2021.

My thoughts are that any plans you make now need to be based on current operations. It's a fluid situation and you need to do your best to stay informed. Nobody knows what things will look like in a few months or more. And it could be anything from FL or US virus numbers driving their actions to profits. We already know that they're seeing lower than anticipated attendance and it's starting to impact their reopening plans. So, all you can do is plan based on what we know right now. Things could change...in fact, things almost definitely will change. Changes could range from really good (normal park operations) to really bad (closed), as well as be changes that possibly don't even concern you. Ex. I couldn't care less about parades. As long as those changes don't amount to full park closures, how to plan is a personal thing.

Ultimately, if you have any "musts" that are on your list that are currently not an option (i.e. specific dining, park hopping, fireworks, etc.), I think you need to give yourself a deadline date (ahead of Disney's final pymt one). It's still a gamble, as those things could be announced after whatever deadline you set for yourself, but I wouldn't want to be down to the wire on a trip date still waiting to see if one of my must do's suddenly becomes an option. I'd say book now (if your dates are open), but if any of your musts aren't currently an option, you'll want to set a personal cancellation deadline. I'd also only put down the bare minimum for a deposit so that Disney isn't holding too much for a trip you might cancel. You can still save the $ for the trip...just hold onto it in savings.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

So, you are suggesting for my 2022 trip to make plans and park reservations as soon as possible? Hopefully, things are calm down by the time your trip rolls around and HOPEFULLY by September 2022!!
You asked for us to post our plans which I did. If your circumstances warrant you booking earlier than later then do so, or you can wait. We booked our trip for 2021 because we were ready to do it and our TA advised doing so because its an unknown which resorts are going to be available in the future. in our case we need a w/c accessible, roll in shower type room for my wife. Shortly after we booked my DW saw on Disneys site that all those accessible rooms at the Contemp were now booked for the dates we are going. So its good we booked when we did. My TA told us it would be wise to choose and lock in park days immediately because it would ensure getting what we wanted and keep us from being locked out. I said how we were planning our ADRs and how we were ready to go a full day or park hop if it comes available. Yes... hopefully all things will be changing by the time we go, and we can go in a. better environment.

Upvote 0
Glass half empty:
He who plans early, plans twice.
Glass half full:
A plan is a guide from which you can make changes and adjust as unknowns are resolved.

You just need to choose a philosophy and run with it.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
I will plan now for September 2022 and watch and adjust pricing accordingly. By planning what it would cost 2021 will give me a starting point and increase savings as the time gets closer

Upvote 0

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Just OUR approach. DVC owners, booked for APR 2021. We like to call this "Defensive Booking".
The primary concept: Book, with idea that you will have to CANCEL. Minimize monetary loss.

1) DVC has an element built into it... Cancel a minimum of 31 days ahead? No Holding account penalty. Bank those points, or just DONATE them to a worthy Family within WDW Driving distance, that wants them. Rent Points? ummmmm - too many lawsuits flying around right now.... your choice :(.

2) Airlines (the sticky one). Always ASK about fully refundable Flights. These are far more expensive. Another option is to DELAY Airline Booking until what you consider to be the last minute. Always consider: You may be able to get IN to FL, but can you get OUT, and get back home?

3) Restaurant Reservations? Piece of cake. If you have to BAIL, cancel each one of these, to avoid no-show charges.

So that's our concept. Due to wonderful action by Delta Airlines? If we have to 100% BAIL on APR 2021? We will be out $198.00, US.
We scored NEW Gold APs, just before the lockdown... if we do not redeem them? Good to 2030.

Upvote 0

JD80

I'm not booking until Oct '21 so I can't do anything now. If a miracle happens, maybe late spring next year. No real planning.

Upvote 0

dave&di

We are planning to go in September 2022. We can only hope that in 2 years time life will be back to normal. We will not actively attempt to book anything until September 2021. Firstly we are saving every penny and will re assess the situation with a year to book. We are currently enjoying researching and talking about our plans until we feel the trip is possible to book for us.

Upvote 0

dmw

In the Parks
No
My guess is that most everything we knew about how to plan a trip up through the covid shutdown will be out the window. I think Disney will take the opportunity to redo a lot of how vacations are planned, with the first change being the ADR process that has already come out. I would expect to see ticket option changes, park hour changes, fast pass changes, meal plan changes, on site guest benefit changes and more. So many rumors (and hints) already seen on this forum. Why go through the stress of trying to make a plan when so much could change?

On a side note, I hope the changes do not have negative impact on some of the more useful fan tools like Touring Plans, Kenny the Pirate, etc. Would not want to be in their shoes right now, trying to figure out what they will need to change, based on so many unknowns.

Upvote 0

goofybob

We'll we have made our 3rd reservations in as much as a years time. We made reservations last yr for this June at POFQ but obvioulsy had the common sense to cancel and re-book, which we did in April for a Aug 2020 check in but then we canceled that one as well a month ago. Well back to the web page and re-booked for Feb 2021 at CB seeing as our fave resort is closed. But will be keeping an eye open for them to reopen, but wouldn't bet on anything. At least with Southwest we have not lost any fares on re-booking three trips. Just my 2 cents here

Upvote 0

ELG13

I'm about to book a room only for a campsite the last week of april. We are renting a camper down there and while it's tempting to put the deposit on it now, I'm holding off on it. It's non refundable but you can move it to different dates. I'm not real comfortable with them having that money for a vacay that's TBD essentially so that's really the only thing. I'll book everything else as it's available and once we see how next year looks and gets a little closer to April, we will book the camper. We had to cancel our trip in May of this year (it was for the best though because I ended up in the hospital the week we should have been in Disney due to pregnancy complications) so I've done the dance once already. I'm hoping that things are better by then and truthfully, the way it sounds, Disney is probably one of the better places to vacation with their precautions. By that point we will be ready to get out. We have been locked down since this all started...nothing but trips to the store for groceries etc. At some point we will have to get out and get back to some sort of normal. We are trying hard to do our part right now though. But come April of next year.....we will be ready to go.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom