How do you guys monitor flight prices?

71dsp

Do you guys use any apps (I'm using an iPhone) to monitor flight prices? Right now, the prices are nearly double what we paid in Oct/Nov 2015 for our cruise to MCO. So we want to keep an eye on the prices and buy when they've come down, but sometimes we get busy and forget to check. I looked at a few apps, and some have pretty dismal reviews. I figured someone here would have some tips! :)

Lexi

I've set up alerts on fly.com before and it worked great. I had them email me everyday whether there was a price change or not so I got in the habit of looking everyday.

Upvote 0

TheDisneyTeen

Personally, I use Skyscanner to check flight prices because of the easy to navigate and reliable interface. If you want to know about price alerts, I use Kayak for that. It's great how you can choose how frequently to send you alerts and they have a graph showing the price changes over a few months so you'll know when to book your tickets :)

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I just check online every morning for schedule extensions/fares if I'm getting ready to book airfare. I'm signed up for some alerts, but in the event something gets caught by my spam filter, I don't want to miss anything! :)

On the other hand, my focus is typically on booking fast rather than waiting for fares to drop -- we tend to fly JetBlue, so it's in our best interest to book our flights the second they are released, as the prices only go up from there.

Upvote 0

wendysue

I go directly to the airline site and check several times a day. Yesterday I booked two tickets from Chicago to Orlando in April for 210 dollars total. Usually I never pay over 200 for two tickets, so it's worth the extra effort as prices change all day long.

Upvote 0

71dsp

Original Poster
Thanks for the help guy! I appreciate it!

Prices have come down a bit, but not as much as I was hoping. Still playing the waiting game. WDW reservations have been made, though!

Upvote 0

Leo!

Kayak.com you can set up alerts for a route (for example NYC to MCO) and the system sends you an email when a flight is available for X price (you've to set how much previously)

L.

Upvote 0

71dsp

Original Poster
I should mention that we only fly AA, but you guys have given me a bunch of stuff I need to try out. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Buck9s

If you can use Southwest points you can rebook at no cost every time the cost drops. I check once a week beginning 9 months out and just always rebook the flights if the price as dropped.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom