How do you get chosen for opening at MK?

Blonde Princess

We were chosen to be the family to open the MK. We arrived at the Magic Kingdom for extra magic hours in the morning only to find out that the schedule for the emh had changed starting that day. So, we were about 1 hour to one and one-half hours before opening. We had been staying at the Contemporary. Instead of walking back we decided to wait. The man in charge of the gate employees came out about ten minutes after we got there and asked my children if they could help Mickey open the park.

I'm not sure who enjoyed the experience more; the kids or my husband and me!

Blonde Princess

We were invited into the MK prior to opening. We rode through in the old time fire truck to Toon Town. There we had private time with all of the characters pictures etc. who ride the train during the opening. We were given a huge certificate signed by Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Daisy, etc. We travelled on the train sitting with Mickey and Minnie to the Station. We did the opening ceremony and through the pixie dust. Lastly, we were given an 8X10 photo of us throwing the pixie dust and opening the MK. It was really fun!

cooleo

I will need to make a very concerted effort to get this to happen for my son on this upcoming trip in December. What a memory that would be.:xmas:

paul436

We were invited into the MK prior to opening. We rode through in the old time fire truck to Toon Town. There we had private time with all of the characters pictures etc. who ride the train during the opening. We were given a huge certificate signed by Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Daisy, etc. We travelled on the train sitting with Mickey and Minnie to the Station. We did the opening ceremony and through the pixie dust. Lastly, we were given an 8X10 photo of us throwing the pixie dust and opening the MK. It was really fun!
I can't think of a better way to start the day.:sohappy:

Blonde Princess

To Cooleo: FYI to get to the MK as early as we did, you have to walk in from the Contemporary. It's the easiest way. To do this you might have to drive to the Contemporary or take a taxi to the Contemporary. Our experience with the Character Breakfast Busses to either the Contemporary or the MK is that they are somewhat unreliable.

chester123

Chosen for MK opening in 1997

Things were done a little bit different in 1997. We were at MK opening about an hour before scheduled opening. A CM came up to us and asked us if we would like to help open the park. Of course, we all said yes. It wasn't the big to do like it is today. Although, it was fun! I'm trying to recall, it's been a few years, the four of us counted down from 10 to open the park over a loud speaker. We threw confetti. That's about all I remember. The boys were each given a certificate, Mickey suckers, Mickey candy, and the horns they gave each of us. We stood right outside the entrance- under the train station. It was fun! A special time to remember.

tigger1968

My wife and I were picked as Grand Marshalls of the 3:00 parade once. Getting picked to do either one of these things has got to be the ultimate Disney thrill! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom