how do you get a room upgrade..

bjlc57

Original Poster
we have stayed at Pop Century at least 5 times in the past 10 years.. and every year, especially since they did the room refurbishment, we have gotten further and further away from the lobby.. My wife is in a scooter.. we need a handicap excessable room.. We now are annual pass holders.. I am NOT asking to even upgrade to a different resort.. just a better room at Pop.. advice.. good thoughts , no ripping please.. thanks .. i have always appreciated the advice i have received here..

JohnD

My current room request online check in options are:
1. Ground Floor, King Bed, 50s section, 70s section
2. Ground Floor, Kind Bed, 50s section

I chose 70s section as my first option as it appeared closer than 50s. I left the second option blank. You could request ground floor for your wife but all buildings have elevators.

NelleBelle

I would call and get your Specific requests/needs entered not your profile. Pay to get a referred room if location is important but if you need a specific HA room, call and tell them you use a scooter and and what you’re looking for. I was quite concerned about my mom, who hs limited mobility and uses a scooter, when we stayed at OKW. I wanted to make sure we had a ground floor or bldg with an elevator. They put it in my file and we got a Florida handicap accessible room on the 2nd bus stop. She always had room on the bus (not that it Matters at Pop).

Smiley/OCD

I wouldn’t really let it worry you because the buildings all have elevators…twice we’ve stayed there in the top floor 60’s facing the lake. I use a scooter and didn’t have any problems moving around…if there’s a specific reason you want a first floor room, I’d either call ASAP or speak to them when you’re checking in.

bjlc57

Original Poster
its really been the distance from the food hall.. and the this past time the skyliner..

lewisc

A scooter doesn't require a HA room. POP has elevators. There is no reason to tell Disney you'll be using a scooter.

There are a limited number of HA rooms. It's a bookable category. Probably a very limited number available for your check in date.
Booking a preferred room, if available, is the best way to guarantee a room close.

It might make sense to give closer HA rooms to guests using manual wheelchairs. Distance doesn't isn't a factor for guests using a motorized scooter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom