How do you deal?

Princess_Minnie

Original Poster
Hi everyone. So, we have decided to move our trip from March 2012 to June 2012 this year. This will be the first time in a very long time that it will be over a year since our last trip. And I'm probably going to go into withdrawl. :brick::cry::brick::cry::brick:

So how do you deal with being away from WDW? Do you find ways to sprinkle magic into your every day life? Do you listen to park music around the clock, or bake Mickey shaped cookies, or sort your pin collections? Or does it just not affect you at all? :shrug:

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
41343.jpg

acishere

I haven't gone in several years. I like to look the pov ride throughs on youtube sometimes. Mainly I just focus on my life at hand and find time to enjoy life at home. Also even though now I can start taking a yearly vacation again, my plan is for Disney 2012, then somewhere else, then Disney when Fantasy Land is fully done, then somewhere else, then Disney when the Avatar area is open, then idk because I'm not thinking that far ahead right now. I figure this way there will always be something new to experience every vacation I take from now on, even if its somewhere I've been to before.

sam_disney

I haven't been since 2009... and I am going this year in December so for me its going to have been 2 years and a bit since I last went.

I am having serious mickey withdrawal at the moment! but cannot wait to go for my honeymoon soon!!!

I look on wgwmagic most days and i tend to listen to the music and maybe i watch camcorder footage and look at pictures! xx

Susan Savia

I just focus on my day to day activities and every morning visit wdwmagic for a little Disney. We like to look at past year videos we've taken in the parks, look at our Disney photo albums and some You Tube videos of favorite rides.

lighteningqueen

Stalk all the boards out there to see what others are doing and did. Food reports,trip reports, look up all the places that have something for you to find ..like the well next to Indiana is supposed to talk to you. Start a scrapbook so when you get home all you have to do is put the pictures in. I have on my DVR recorded Disney shows from Travel channel..

JillC LI

So how do you deal with being away from WDW? Do you find ways to sprinkle magic into your every day life? Do you listen to park music around the clock, or bake Mickey shaped cookies, or sort your pin collections?

Yes to all of those things, or at least some variation thereof. We usually go about 2 years give or take between Disney trips. As soon as I can book the next one I do, and then I start planning, planning, planning to enjoy the buildup of it. I visit this web site, I cook Mickey pancakes for the family, I listen to Disney music. And I take other vacations during the times away from Disney - some big, some small. It's hard but it makes it all the sweeter when you do finally get back to the World.

Kelsybelle

I feel that way from all vacations and time off that I have! :lookaroun But I agree that WDW has that certain quality that makes your soul long to go back! What helps me is to lose myself in pictures from past trips, and plan every detail of my next one, no matter how far away it is!

Timekeeper

There are a TON of Travel Channel specials devoted to WDW. Add to that the availability of youtube, and you can enjoy the WDW experience from the unique perspective of individual guests. Of course, area soundtracks - even scenic loops - are nice too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom