how do we find lowest prices on WDW resorts?

hypatia

hi!

we are planning a trip to WDW the first week in january. we have been multiple times, taking our 2 kids (2 and 5) and our parents.

we have always just booked things directly with WDW, airlines, etc. i notice some exceptionally low prices noted for WDW resorts from folks posting here. how do you get such low rates on the nicer resorts.

BTW, we have stayed at AS music and AS movies and had fine experiences with both...

thanks!

maelstrom

Thanks to a code from Mousesavers.com, I got the Contemporary tower for $280/night, which was about $90 off the regular rate. I'd say definately visit Mousesavers.com.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
You can call me and I will book the room or package for you with any of the current discount codes or if you have an annual pass, that can be used if there is an annual passholder special out for the time you are planning to travel. I am a site sponsor and I specialize in Itinerary/trip planning to Walt Disney World. I also book DisneyLand and the Disney Cruise Line.

Pam

Upvote 0

Woody13

While I've missed staying in a few WDW resorts over the years, I have stayed at most of them. Some folks are their own worst enemy because they are so set in their ways. You see it all the time here on the forum. People say things such as, "I only stay at the All-Stars because...." or "I only stay a moderate resort because..." or "I would never stay off site because...." or "The DVC is the best because..." or "I only stay off site because...", well I hope you get the idea. These people are entrenched and locked into a preference mode. Nothing wrong with that except that it limits so many other possibilities. Let me provide you with my technique for reserving a room at WDW. It has always worked for me and perhaps it can work for you.

I view rack rates as pure fiction. I have never paid them and never will. While mousesavers.com is a good place to start, it is only a start. Look, look and look some more. There is ALWAYS a super low rate available at WDW and the DVC always has some good deals for RENTALS. Yes, you can rent points from DVC members and use those points just as the owner(s) would use them. The DVC is very popular and as a result it attracts all kinds of people. In my experience, I don't know too many people (other than myself) that realize all the implications of a 40 year lease plan. A lot of well intentioned people sign up for the DVC and then have to come to grips with financial setbacks, divorce, loss of job, etc. The resale's on DVC property are rather high due to "Disney Fever". But many DVC owners try to "hang on" to their "investment" and end up renting their points just to break even so that they don't lose their shirt. DVC point rentals abound.

With travel to WDW being at an all time low, most resorts are now offering significant discounts. I will not post specific discount specials or discount codes because of the many problems it causes. Also , many sites such as mousesavers.com ask that their codes not be posted on other sites. Just keep an open mind and check out both onsite and offsite resorts and the DVC. I have routinely booked high quality rooms at WDW for at least 50% off the rack rate. I found one last week that was discounted 80% off the rack rate and it is onsite! Also, check with travel agents because once in awhile they can find you a good deal. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Please keep in mind that I get all of the same discount codes sent to me as Mousesavers shows. I usually will post them on the forums. I also get a few that they don't show on the site. I did catch one that they posted for anyone to use and it was to be used only for the new disney visa cardholders only. So please be careful with the codes.

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom