How do they

d dude

Original Poster
How do they deside which rides to build and which ones not? and what do they do with all the ride ideas that weren't given the green light?

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by d dude
How do they deside which rides to build and which ones not? and what do they do with all the ride ideas that weren't given the green light?

I think the ones that are not given a green light are kept in a model room until they get chosen or not. I'm pretty sure thats how splash mt came to us. eisner just walked in the model room and picked that one. which i'm sure theres more to the story though. I'm glad he did pick it.

StarscreamLSU

Depends on money issues, if they have the room, if it would even be worth doing, if there is a need\demand for it, if it fits an area theme, how solid of an idea it is...lots of things.

NowInc

The first stage is always conceptualization. They sit down and discuss a rides story and theme (NOT Feasability of building it)...after that...comes the planning on how to construct it and how to get the ride elements to work (Disney more times than not invents new ride systems because the technology doesnt exist yet)...after that...the BUDGET..this is usually the part where most rides hit a dead stop...Usually after they present an estimated cost for them to build a ride...they are answered with a MUCH lower money $ than is required..which puts them back into stage 2...which is the re-designing of the ride to make it more cost effective...if by the end of this stage everything goes good...and of course if there is still a need for the ride...then it gets built...

Its a real pain in the butt process

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom