How Do they make the Astroids in CTX or Dinosaur

woofboy111

Originally posted by NowInc

Normally I would agree with you..but when they dulled it down, it just got plain ol boring. When the ORIGINAL CTX opened..I loved it..maybe i am just bitter over the change...

I don't remember it being THAT much different from it is now, just not as bumpy. I know a lot of people that won't go on the ride now because they say it's too bumpy and like a simulator. (I personally liked the original better, even though I don't remember it being that different.) I wonder how these people would have handled the original ride?

NowInc

Originally posted by woofboy111

I don't remember it being THAT much different from it is now, just not as bumpy. I know a lot of people that won't go on the ride now because they say it's too bumpy and like a simulator. (I personally liked the original better, even though I don't remember it being that different.) I wonder how these people would have handled the original ride?

I remember the original ride being MUCH more bouncy..it even lifted me off my seat a few times...Im not positive..but I am pretty sure that the "Photo" dinosaur was somewhere else as well...towards your right.....it basically came out of NOWHERE so it would scare the hell out of you....

woofboy111

Originally posted by NowInc

I remember the original ride being MUCH more bouncy..it even lifted me off my seat a few times...Im not positive..but I am pretty sure that the "Photo" dinosaur was somewhere else as well...towards your right.....it basically came out of NOWHERE so it would scare the hell out of you....

I don't remember the dino being moved (I just rode it 3 or 4 times before they changed it), but that sounds better (the scaryier the better!!!).
"
The only thing that I remembered different was the bumpyness.

Gracy_hm

Original Poster
Hate It

Too Dark to See Sets And effects "Except Astroids" this goes for before and after the revamp. Mabey when I went they had forgotten to turn on the lights You couldn't see any thing except darkness. I was highly dissapointed.

Dizknee_Phreek

to me, the wait is worth it just because of the smell in the loading area....it's been quite a while since i've been on that ride, so i can't remember exactly what it is, but it's kind of like a musty smell, isn't it? anyway, i love that smell! and i love the vehicles too! those would be so awesome just to go crusin' in! (if that were possible, of course)
but it's not one of my fave rides. the original idea was great and they could've done SO much with it....but instead, they gave us mostly darkness. there may have been a reason for that, i don't know. but from what i've heard, and from what pictues i've seen, Indiana Jones is tops when it comes to that type of ride (does it have it's own catagory like simulation, rollercoaster, etc?)
but i agree with you all...i liked it better before they changed it. the name was just so awesome before they made it Dinosaur. it had such pizzazz! i don't remember a whole lot of changes being made between the original and the newer version...but to tell you the truth, i haven't riden it enough to really tell a difference.

woofboy111

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
to me, the wait is worth it just because of the smell in the loading area....it's been quite a while since i've been on that ride, so i can't remember exactly what it is, but it's kind of like a musty smell, isn't it? anyway, i love that smell! and i love the vehicles too! those would be so awesome just to go crusin' in! (if that were possible, of course)
but it's not one of my fave rides. the original idea was great and they could've done SO much with it....but instead, they gave us mostly darkness. there may have been a reason for that, i don't know. but from what i've heard, and from what pictues i've seen, Indiana Jones is tops when it comes to that type of ride (does it have it's own catagory like simulation, rollercoaster, etc?)
but i agree with you all...i liked it better before they changed it. the name was just so awesome before they made it Dinosaur. it had such pizzazz! i don't remember a whole lot of changes being made between the original and the newer version...but to tell you the truth, i haven't riden it enough to really tell a difference.

The smell that you're talking about is probably from the smoke machines on the ride. (Is it the same as the smell on E.T. at Universal?) What comes out of the smoke machines, is boiled glycerin, which turns into smoke, and then has that smell that every body loves!

Atticus

I believe this past summer they switched it back to the original running form after trying to make it "child-ok". They saw the bad reception the ride was getting, so they put it back up to pretty intense, maybe not *exactly* the same as the original, but about 90%. You see, I enjoy Dinosaur greatly, since I can't compare it to Indiana Jones. I take the ride for what it is, and those moments in the dark when you are doing the turns, and then the lights turn on and a dinosaur is chasing you, that is incredible. Sometimes people expect too much when there is something else to compare.

Mike

JEDI1138

Originally posted by Atticus
I believe this past summer they switched it back to the original running form after trying to make it "child-ok". They saw the bad reception the ride was getting, so they put it back up to pretty intense, maybe not *exactly* the same as the original, but about 90%. You see, I enjoy Dinosaur greatly, since I can't compare it to Indiana Jones. I take the ride for what it is, and those moments in the dark when you are doing the turns, and then the lights turn on and a dinosaur is chasing you, that is incredible. Sometimes people expect too much when there is something else to compare.

Mike

Welcome Atticus, and I also enjoy Dinosaur. Also a good point about comparisons. We'll also have to see what Poeple think when Primeval Whirl comes on line in Dino-Rama. Most of the guys don't think they will like it, but we'll see.

Atticus

Personally, I think I will enjoy the new wild mouse spinning coasters! I travel to numerous theme/amusement parks around the east coast, and a lot of the wild mouse type rides are fun! Add onto that the motions of a flat ride that spins round and round, I feel it will create a great ride that is fun and exciting, but for the whole family. Yes, it may be a generic off the shelf ride of some sort, but what's the difference if Disney or another company made it? And when it comes to themining of a ride that is supposed to look like it is at a carnival, there is really nothing you can do. Maybe add a tunnel or two. Anyway, I look to enjoy the ride. It may not be E-Ticket, but numerous rides like Mission Space and the "re-vamped" Journey Into Imagination will be good enough for me :)

Mike

Atticus

Originally posted by RyanS
what's the change on the ride? when i last rode it, it was countdown to extinction.

Hey...first off AFI are great...their most current cd is still in my cd player....and back to this...What happened is they changed the original Countdown To Extinction into "Dinosaur", because the movie had just come out. I think they replaced a few dinosaurs inside to match the main character of the movie. Also, at this time they made the ride less intense to see if it could become rideable for smaller and younger kids. Well this might have happened, but complaints from people wanting an exciting ride were so much, that they returned almost to the original intensity! I've only ridden it as Dinosaur, the last two summers, and it seemed as though it got more intense this most recent summer (2001). Of course, I'm basing the intensity comparison from other people's opinions, but almost everybody has said that, so I believe them!

mike

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom