How Do they make the Astroids in CTX or Dinosaur

woofboy111

i'm not sure, but I think it's done with fiber optics that flash on and off, each time lower to make it apper that they are falling.

NowInc

I havnt been on it in a while (i find the ride to not be worth the wait)...

But I am pretty sure Woofboy is correct. Fiberoptics that light up in exact intervals on the way down create the falling/tail effect of an asteroid. Notice how they are all smaller? Very nicely done.

Gracy_hm

Original Poster
Thank You

I thank you for this information and would agree with you it isn't worth the wait. I find it to be absolutly dreadful.

Thank you, Kyle B
If it is stupid thats all the more reason to do it.

Gracy_hm

Original Poster
No

:lol: I belive you misunderstand my name is Kyle B. (Browning)

Hope that clears things up.

Sincearly,Another Kyle B.

woofboy111

Re: Thank You

Originally posted by Gracy_hm
I thank you for this information and would agree with you it isn't worth the wait. I find it to be absolutly dreadful.

Wait a second...All I've heard about the indiana Jones rides is prase, but most of the time I hear bad stuff about Dinosaur. Isn't it basically the same ride?

Gracy_hm

Original Poster
Hardly

The ride layout but Indiana Jones is much better do to the lighting special effects animatonics soundtrack and better detailing. That is often a misconseption hope that clears it up.

NowInc

Re: Re: Thank You

Originally posted by woofboy111

Wait a second...All I've heard about the indiana Jones rides is prase, but most of the time I hear bad stuff about Dinosaur. Isn't it basically the same ride?

Theme wise...settings wise...its completely different. Not to mention Indiana Jones CHANGES pretty much each time you ride it....it is definatly a MUCH better ride than CTX.

NowInc

How does it change each time you ride it?

Every time you ride it it chooses a different theme..uisng skrims and lighting schemes..the gerneral "path" of the ride changes..

I am sure you can find a much more accurate description on a Disneyland fan site...

NowInc

So, it's basically the same ride (same track plan) every time with small changes? (Like MIB at Universal?)

Same track with some LARGE changes each time (for example at the time your "car" chooses paths..the entire scene ROTATES so that the next car to go through would see something completly different...)

JEDI1138

Originally posted by NowInc
I havnt been on it in a while (i find the ride to not be worth the wait)...

But I am pretty sure Woofboy is correct. Fiberoptics that light up in exact intervals on the way down create the falling/tail effect of an asteroid. Notice how they are all smaller? Very nicely done.

Try riding on it 15 minutes before the park closes. I have done this several times now and I can ride it and get back in line and ride it again. there is no wait.

NowInc

Originally posted by JEDI1138

Try riding on it 15 minutes before the park closes. I have done this several times now and I can ride it and get back in line and ride it again. there is no wait.

But why would you WANT to? The ride isnt even worth the 2 minutes it would take me to walk thru the que....at least in my opinion...

woofboy111

Originally posted by NowInc

But why would you WANT to? The ride isnt even worth the 2 minutes it would take me to walk thru the que....at least in my opinion...

Sure it is worth it. It's no tower of terror, but it's a great ride anyway (even though the robots are usually broken!).

NowInc

Sure it is worth it. It's no tower of terror, but it's a great ride anyway (even though the robots are usually broken!).

Normally I would agree with you..but when they dulled it down, it just got plain ol boring. When the ORIGINAL CTX opened..I loved it..maybe i am just bitter over the change...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom