How do I post a question on WDW rides?

Maria Grosso

Original Poster
I need a description of Big Thunder Mountain Railway. My daughter is hesitant to ride any ride where "characters" come out and "shoot" at you, etc. I never rode it, myself, so I can't tell her if it does, or not. I know it's supposed to be in the Wild West, so there is a good likelihood of this happening. I'm more concerned with the roller coaster aspects of it for myself. Please let me know all details, so I can prepare her. She hated Space Mountain, she's pretty nervous on Splash Mountain because the vultures say something about "death" right before the big drop. She's not afraid of heights, just the dark and any "creepy" elements. Thanks.

Disneydreamer23

nothing comes out and shoot at you when you first go up there is a lot of steam and it's dark but at no point do things jump out at you I think she would be fine

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I need a description of Big Thunder Mountain Railway. My daughter is hesitant to ride any ride where "characters" come out and "shoot" at you, etc. I never rode it, myself, so I can't tell her if it does, or not. I know it's supposed to be in the Wild West, so there is a good likelihood of this happening. I'm more concerned with the roller coaster aspects of it for myself. Please let me know all details, so I can prepare her. She hated Space Mountain, she's pretty nervous on Splash Mountain because the vultures say something about "death" right before the big drop. She's not afraid of heights, just the dark and any "creepy" elements. Thanks.
here you go

EOD K9

I am not a fan of roller coasters myself....however, for me, SM and BTM are very doable and fun. The popping/clicking you hear at the beginning is the train as it goes up the incline. As you watch the video, you'll notice that at the top of the lift hill, you spiral downward as opposed to a straight drop. The only "drop" if you even want to call it that, if it all, would be at 5:44 of the video. Go on it and have fun!!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It's a fun roller coaster with only two dark spots, which are nothing more than climbing up inside a "mountain". We love it - especially like to do it at night with a full moon.

Goofyernmost

As you can see from the movie... there is not much to it, just a themed roller-coaster. A fun one though. I've been trying to think of any attractions where the "actors" shoot at you or near you and the only one I can think of that could be defined that way would be the gangster scene or the western scene on the Great Movie Ride in DHS. I suppose that one could say that they fire cannons at you, or at least, near you on Pirates.

NYwdwfan

If you don't like drops, ask the CM if you can sit in the front car. You may need to wait for the next train, but if you're in the front, you are basically down the drop before the back of the train reaches the top of the lift hill and the train takes off. I did that with my son for his first ride to make it less roller-coasty.

DisneyGirl3820

Go for it....it's a very tame ride and it twists and turns and is a bit bumpy but no big drops and definitely does not have "creepy" elements. The time of day when you ride is also a consideration--you might want to try it in the day to get her used to it and then go at night (which is more fun IMO). Have a great time!

My wife is a big chicken and hates roller coasters but she like BTM. It really isn't bad at all. It always seems more intense at night and towards the back so try to get her on it earlier in the day and closer to the front as others have mentioned.

CtDisneyGuy33

[COUNTDOWN= 2014/09/20 10:45] My Next Trip to WDW[/COUNTDOWN]

From a non-roller coaster person, its great. I would definitely recommend it

DManRightHere

If she hated space mountain I don't think she will like big thunder mtn..

mcurtiss

riding at night is definitely more intense.

we found that the DD disliked it when we only rode two to a seat, when it was her in the middle of us, she felt safer and had a lot of fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom