How do Cast Members get to work?

littleariel

Original Poster
I am from the UK and I have been offered a part-time position working for Swan and Dolphin over the summer. This was my dream job and I was so excited to get to work for Disney and in Orlando. I was a little disheartened to hear that you aren't treated like cast members and didn't receive passes into the parks but I factored in the price of an annual pass and decided to put together all of the other costs. The hours are a minimum of 32 at $12 an hour. Our accommodation is pre-arranged and is $190 a week that comes out our paycheck, once again not ideal and was the highest it could have been but oh well. The accommodation listed in towards Universal and is situated just off of International Drive so approximately 15 miles or a 25-minute car journey. The company has made clear we are responsible for getting to work and they suggested Uber or Lyft. I did the estimates and it works out at $15-20 a ride each way! That's a minimum of $150 a week that has gone to commuting right away. I didn't mind not coming home with a lot of money however I am really worried I would struggle to live while out there. I have looked at buses down the international drive to Disney Springs and then a bus from there to the hotel but I am worried early starts wouldn't make that feasible.

Does anyone know any quicker and cheaper alternatives to get to and from work? Is there any ride-share or shuttles that are available? What is your average commute?

Thanks!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Unfortunately, Orlando is not a city for people without a car. I recommend passing on this opportunity and going for Disney's international program, where you will get transportation included.

littleariel

Original Poster
Unfortunately, Orlando is not a city for people without a car. I recommend passing on this opportunity and going for Disney's international program, where you will get transportation included.
Unfortunately, that isn't an option as I graduate this year so I will no longer be eligible. I looked into getting a car too but it wasnt any cheaper :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom