How Disney can get Marvel for WDW

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I know,
I mentioned a source who says it is likely but not enough to be sure for him.
I expect them to announce this at a press conference

Announce what? That Disney's going to kill the Simpsons after Season 32?

Tank Man

Original Poster
Announce what? That Disney's going to kill the Simpsons after Season 32?
A buyout of the contract during a press conference or something. At D23 people would expect proper theme park announcements. But Disney could use that to their advantage

Cmdr_Crimson

I know,
I mentioned a source who says it is likely but not enough to be sure for him.
I expect them to announce this at a press conference
Not naming a source....
thats-a-paddlin-32223564.png

LAKid53

Premium Member
A buyout of the contract during a press conference or something. At D23 people would expect proper theme park announcements. But Disney could use that to their advantage

The Simpson have been renewed for 2 more seasons. That's going to be one huge contracts buyout - you have to consider writers, producers, voice talent, studio, etc. Disney isn't going to announce something as negative as that at D23.

Tank Man

Original Poster
The Simpson have been renewed for 2 more seasons. That's going to be one huge contracts buyout - you have to consider writers, producers, voice talent, studio, etc. Disney isn't going to announce something as negative as that at D23.
This contract buyout is for Marvel theme park rights not Simpson’s.
It is cool that the show is getting two more seasons though.

LAKid53

Premium Member

I specifically asked about the Simpsons. 🤦

Disney isn't buying out Uni's right-to-use Marvel East of the Mississippi... Too much capital is invested right now in the purchase of Fox and starting their streaming service.

Tank Man

Original Poster
I specifically asked about the Simpsons. 🤦

Disney isn't buying out Uni's right-to-use Marvel East of the Mississippi... Too much capital is invested right now in the purchase of Fox and starting their streaming service.
In about half a decade I bet Disney would.
First question:
Disney spent 71 BILLION dollars on buying a company which the only things they would have wanted is the Avatar movies and Marvel and that is it, that is a lot of money on a company that not much is wanted.
Second question:
Why would you think Disney bought Fox.

And still, Universal won’t be able to use all the characters they have as their is jot enough trims or space for it. So maybe trading one of the heroes like Iron Man for maybe Alien and Predator.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
First question:
Disney spent 71 BILLION dollars on buying a company which the only things they would have wanted is the Avatar movies and Marvel and that is it, that is a lot of money on a company that not much is wanted.
Second question:

And still, Universal won’t be able to use all the characters they have as their is jot enough trims or space for it. So maybe trading one of the heroes like Iron Man for maybe Alien and Predator.
You keep referencing Iron Man. Why would they trade for that character when he ended in End Game? Yes there will be other iterations but the Tony Stark one is done. I dont see Disney trading for him. XMen yes. They are getting ready to reboot that so it would make more sense.

LAKid53

Premium Member
First question:
Second question:

Disney bought Fox for its library and other assets (balance of Hulu)...for Disney's new streaming service. I watched the CNBC interview with Iger...he made that pretty clear. Furthermore, Murdoch wanted to get out of the entertainment side of Fox and focus on the news. That $71B purchase of Fox assets was a combination of cash and stock, as most big acquisitions are.

Universal ISN'T going to give up any of its Marvel stable for Alien or Predator. The CEO would be rightly fired by the BoD if he tried. And nothing prevents Uni from building another gate in Orlando....or somewhere else. Didn't they recently purchased another couple of hundred acres?

lazyboy97o

Disney isn’t going to announce that they are building Universal a brand new land at Islands of Adventure, along with all of the other stuff Universal may be announcing this week.

It’s already been a decade.

LAKid53

Premium Member
You keep referencing Iron Man. Why would they trade for that character when he ended in End Game? Yes there will be other iterations but the Tony Stark one is done. I dont see Disney trading for him. XMen yes. They are getting ready to reboot that so it would make more sense.

Disney owns XMen as part of the Fox acquisition.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Correct but Uni is currently using the characters. Were the Xmen not part of the same deal as the Avengers group?

The original contract with Marvel Studios? That's hard to answer unless we can see the Appendix that listed what Uni was getting at the time.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not likely to happen and if it does, it would be many years from now. Universal does not the motive to get a rid of Marvel from Island of Adventure. Universal is getting free publicity since Marvel is very popular right now.

Universal of Orlando is going to hold a major press conference on August 1st with rumors of the announcement being a new theme park. I don't see Universal wanting to replace an entire land at a time that they are going to do a new theme park.
Very interesting...the press conference.

Also: universal is advertising Disney’s marvel properties and paying them for swag...

The arrangement is 100% mutually beneficial. Both would be fool to break it

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The original contract with Marvel Studios? That's hard to answer unless we can see the Appendix that listed what Uni was getting at the time.
They have an X-men ride: storm force xcelerator

X-men is off limits to wdw...I don’t think I’ve ever seen this questioned before. There’s no need to

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom