How crowded is MNSSHP?

tinkfan05

I've heard that there are a limited number of hard tickets sold per party. Does anyone know how many are sold? And how long (if any) are most lines during MNSSHP? Are all rides open, or are certain ones closed?

Joe

I'm only visiting this planet.
Premium Member
Corrus,

The original post was asking about the Halloween party, not the Christmas party.

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

Actually on our trip to MNSSHP last year DH and both commented on how CROWDED it was. The waits were not long, but they were NOT walk-on either. The candy was also not handed out as generously as in previous years. It is still a great time and we will probally go this year but it is getting more and more crowded. We were there the last week of Sept on a clear night during the weekend. Our trip the previous year was the last week of Sept on a weekend as well.
Oh and the character meet lines were long, but the dance parties were still empty and fun for my kids to dance.

Upvote 0

aeillill

I've been there when it has been moderately crowded to a night when it was sold out and insane. I almost wish they would lessen the number of tickets they sell per night.

Upvote 0

Scooter

I don't remember the exact number, but I was at one of the first Halloween Partys at Magic Kingdom years ago and the number of tickets sold were a LOT less than now. It was hardly crowded at all.

The last two MNSSHP's I went to have been packed, so I'm guessing they sell as many tickets as than can until the park max is met.
It's all about the $$$$

Upvote 0

raven

Well if you see the other thread with the proposed dates for the party, it will tell you just how popular it is. We've been twice and last year, even though it rained cats and dogs on 9/14/07, it was very crowded.

Upvote 0
I've been there when it has been moderately crowded to a night when it was sold out and insane. I almost wish they would lessen the number of tickets they sell per night.

I agree. My one (and only) trip to MNSSHP was a crowded mess. It was hot and humid, so people were pushy (I understand it's not WDW's job to control the weather (well not yet) but the crowds were very heavy. I loved the parade, etc, but I didn't feel that it was worth the nearly 50 bucks.

Upvote 0

amandagibbins

Oh well im going to book it we have braved the christmas party so halloween should be about the same our friend is going to the universal version thats to scary for me :eek:

Upvote 0

shutnak879

I went last year in October and the Year before the last week in September. I did not find either trip to be crowded. There was an occasional wait for a ride but not more than a few minutes. I would wait in line for charaters and my DD and DH would go on a ride or two and be back in time for my DD to see the charater. Have a great time! I am going again this September.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

StingraySam

Actually on our trip to MNSSHP last year DH and both commented on how CROWDED it was. The waits were not long, but they were NOT walk-on either. The candy was also not handed out as generously as in previous years. It is still a great time and we will probally go this year but it is getting more and more crowded. We were there the last week of Sept on a clear night during the weekend. Our trip the previous year was the last week of Sept on a weekend as well.
Oh and the character meet lines were long, but the dance parties were still empty and fun for my kids to dance.

We had the same experience last year, though we were there in late October so we kinda expected it to be little more crowded then September.

If you do go I would suggest buying tickets in advance, "THEY DO SELL OUT". In October of 2006 my son (then 10 going on 11) said he would like to go for his birthday. His birthday is October 30th. Having only been once before we were unaware that they would actually sell out of tickets. The time we went before we bought tickets that with no problem. The evening he chose to go was the friday of the last weekend and since we live close by (about a 2 hr. drive) we decided to make a weekend trip out of it. I started to buy my tickets online that friday morning (they were still available at that time) but the weather forecast was for heavy thunderstorms that evening and wouldn't you know it and as we were leaving our house to drive to the resort a large line of storms was moving into the area. Here is were I went way wrong, I decided that we should wait until we got there to buy tickets because no one wanted to walk around the park in the rain right? By the time we arrived the storms had passed through. When we checking in we inquired at the concierge desk about tickets. He very politely informed us that it was sold out. My son was crushed I never felt so bad in my life. To make it up to him and his sister (then 8) we took them to Downtown Disney to Goofy's Candy Co. and let them go wild. This past year I bought tickets as soon as they were available!

Upvote 0

princess noel

We went for our first time last year and we loved it! I do not have anything to compare it to, but we thought the lines were great and we had to give candy away back at the hotel because we recieved so much. At the end of the night they gave my kids 37 bags of hershey kisses. Talk about sugar overload!! We had a blast and are trying to go again this year!

Upvote 0

StingraySam

We went for our first time last year and we loved it! I do not have anything to compare it to, but we thought the lines were great and we had to give candy away back at the hotel because we recieved so much. At the end of the night they gave my kids 37 bags of hershey kisses. Talk about sugar overload!! We had a blast and are trying to go again this year!

I must admit if you do not get much candy while trick or treating in the park the top off your bag as you walk out is more like "overflow" your bag as you walk out!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom