How crazy is Spring Break time?

redfive13

Ok, I've been to WDW a lot, but never during a school-break timeframe. But, having a kid in school, this is the most logical time to go.

It seems like most of the rooms are booked for the 3rd week of Feb, or at least all of the Value and Moderates and a good deal of the lower-deluxe rooms are. This leads me to believe its gonna be c-r-a-z-y busy.

This has me wondering about the Good Neighbor hotels. Can you do DDP with them? Or I may just head to Disneyland instead... Need more info from you guys.

DisAl

Spring break is usually one of the busier and more expensive times. Take a look at the rate calendar and you will see the prices are usually higher. For one trip a few years back a week during the month of March was over $300 more per room at a value resort than early June.
DDP is only available if you are staying at a Disney resort.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Third week of February isn't normal spring break time. That's usually Pres. Day or winter break for some. Spring Break is usually middle of March through end of April with a lot being before and after Easter/Passover.

President day is pretty busy though but not as crazy as Christmas-New Year. I do think with more schools doing winter breaks that it's busier than it used to be. It's been a while since I've been during that time of year

Upvote 0

Nemo14

President's week is traditionally winter break time for schools here in New England, although it seems that many school districts around here are doing away with it and just doing a week in March rathter than a week in February and one in April. That being said, as former teachers and parents, we used to go to the parks every year at that time. We found that the first few days of that week were crazy, but it got better later during the week. Just plan well and you'll be OK.

Upvote 0

Jess G

IMG_4641.JPG

first week of April 2016 ... it was packed! But I would do it again. Weather was great.

Upvote 0

Much-Pixie-Dust

Like @Jess G said. Weather was great. Quite crowded in afternoon and early evening. We would go at park open til about 11 and got on 9 rides and had three meet and greets. Then would head back at 7 to eat dinner and used EMH and we rode everything then. The one pic is on ferry heading to car. We don’t do the buses. We were the only three guests on the entire ferry. Just have a touring plan and you should be fine. Plus they extend park hours the day of sometimes. That happened to us; but most people left after the fireworks. It was great. 13D1EB4E-3087-43E5-898B-7F59A5202EBA.jpeg6FD58890-8296-4951-A072-8E5F6EBF07D9.jpeg

Upvote 0

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Ok, I've been to WDW a lot, but never during a school-break timeframe. But, having a kid in school, this is the most logical time to go.

It seems like most of the rooms are booked for the 3rd week of Feb, or at least all of the Value and Moderates and a good deal of the lower-deluxe rooms are. This leads me to believe its gonna be c-r-a-z-y busy.

This has me wondering about the Good Neighbor hotels. Can you do DDP with them? Or I may just head to Disneyland instead... Need more info from you guys.

The 3rd week in February is before most of the Spring break crowds are there. There are several other events going on though. The half princess marathon is that week along with several events at ESPN.

Upvote 0

clarabellej

We have gone to WDW during Spring Break for the last 10 years. We are from TX and go around week of March 11. I started going then when my daughter started school.

Booked our package a long time ago. We stay at Pop Century and yes I think those rooms are full now for that time period. I would actually call Disney and have them help you. Maybe someone will cancel.

We did the “Gift of Magic” offer, but they currently have a new offer that is pretty much identical. You get up to 20% off depending on Resort. At Pop we are getting 15% off.

We are also getting our 6th park day “free.” In Order to get that, you have to purchase park hopper. I am really bad with math, so never sure if this is truly a deal. Just happy we have a preferred room for about the cost of a standard. Glad we have a room period.

Last March was the most crowded we’d ever seen it. Amazingly the crowds were not really an issue since we had FPs.

My 60 day window just opened & I was able to get 3 FOPs and 1 Na’vi River.

Out of those 20 years, we did actually go to DL one of them. Loved DL too. If you aren’t picky about your hotel, the Bedt Western Park Place is literally right across the street.

I was blown away by that! So used to WDW & having to take buses all over.

Hope you get to go!! And again, do not let Spring Break scare you. Beats the heat of summer any day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom