How could FOP be #3 ???

Tony the Tigger

Wow....your last couple of sentences are SO important.
I definitely want Flight of Passage. Why does obtaining a FOP Fast Pass prevent me from selecting a Rivers of Light FP? Just Disney's idea of what is fair? Probably.

Whoops, I'm wrong!

At least according to a quick google search, I'm wrong. I didn't find it on the official Disney site (yet.)

They have two "tiers" of fastpasses at each park. You are allowed to choose one from the top tier and two from the lower tier. After those 3 are used up, you can make additional ones while in the park (but I think still no more top tier ones.)

At Animal Kingdom, it looks like the top tier are just the two Pandora rides.

The second tier:
  1. Kilimanjaro Safaris
  2. Expedition Everest
  3. DINOSAUR
  4. Kali River Rapids
  5. Primeval Whirl
  6. Rivers of Light
  7. It's Tough to Be A Bug
  8. Festival of the Lion King
  9. Finding Nemo Musical
  10. Adventurers Outpost Character Greeting
So assuming that's accurate, you can do both Flight of Passage and Rivers of Light, plus one other, and you'd have to wait in line for the Pandora boat ride if you wanted to do that one. (Na'vi River Journey.)

Sorry for the mistake!

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Whoops, I'm wrong!

At least according to a quick google search, I'm wrong. I didn't find it on the official Disney site (yet.)

They have two "tiers" of fastpasses at each park. You are allowed to choose one from the top tier and two from the lower tier. After those 3 are used up, you can make additional ones while in the park (but I think still no more top tier ones.)

The second tier:
  1. Kilimanjaro Safaris
  2. Expedition Everest
  3. DINOSAUR
  4. Kali River Rapids
  5. Primeval Whirl
  6. Rivers of Light
  9. Finding Nemo Musical
So assuming that's accurate, you can do both Flight of Passage and Rivers of Light, plus one other, and you'd have to wait in line for the Pandora boat ride if you wanted to do that one. (Na'vi River Journey.)

Sorry for the mistake!
No problem at all my friend. You more than made up for it with this very specific and incredibly helpful post :)

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Whoops, I'm wrong!

The second tier:
  1. Kilimanjaro Safaris
  2. Expedition Everest
  3. DINOSAUR
  4. Kali River Rapids
  5. Primeval Whirl
  6. Rivers of Light
  9. Finding Nemo Musical

Sorry for the mistake!
@Tony the Tigger I would have to wait for Na'vi River regardless of if I decide to fast pass ROL or not since I can only fast pass either FOP or Na'vi River.
I will discuss the Fast Pass options with the wife and teen daughter.
If it was exclusively up to me I think I would Fass Pass: 1)FOP 2)Kilmanjaro Safari 3)Rivers of Light
.............but I am gonna google Adventures Outpost today. I just saw a youtube video on Exp. Everest....I can't handle that.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Remember that you cannot book a fourth Fastpass until your third one is used up. That means, picking Rivers of Light locks you out of other options during the day.
I know. Probably in each park I am just gonna "live" with the three fast passes I arrange this Sept. 7th(60 days prior). In the parks I don''t want to pull my family over to a non glare location....open the app....search for FP options....implement it....I just don't want to deal with it.

Wendy Pleakley

I know. Probably in each park I am just gonna "live" with the three fast passes I arrange this Sept. 7th(60 days prior). In the parks I don''t want to pull my family over to a non glare location....open the app....search for FP options....implement it....I just don't want to deal with it.

To each their own, but you make it sound like far more hassle than it is. You can make a new choice as soon as you've scanned your third choice, so you can do it while still in line for your third Fastpass attraction.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
To each their own, but you make it sound like far more hassle than it is. You can make a new choice as soon as you've scanned your third choice, so you can do it while still in line for your third Fastpass attraction.
Well, I've never done it before because my most recent Disney vacation was NOT THAT RECENT. Maybe after I am allowed to have my first ever try at creating Fast Passes on MDE then I will see how easy or not easy it is.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
@Tony the Tigger I would have to wait for Na'vi River regardless of if I decide to fast pass ROL or not since I can only fast pass either FOP or Na'vi River.
I will discuss the Fast Pass options with the wife and teen daughter.
If it was exclusively up to me I think I would Fass Pass: 1)FOP 2)Kilmanjaro Safari 3)Rivers of Light
.............but I am gonna google Adventurers Outpost today. I just saw a youtube video on Exp. Everest....I can't handle that.
Adventurers Outpost I now have learned is NOT a ride. It's just a character meet and greet.
I remember years ago enjoying Kali River Rapids. Is there any point in selecting KK rapids as one of my Fast Pass initial 3 choices....or on Nov. 8th the stand by line is likely to be around 30 minutes and no big deal??

Wendy Pleakley

Adventurers Outpost I now have learned is NOT a ride. It's just a character meet and greet.
I remember years ago enjoying Kali River Rapids. Is there any point in selecting KK rapids as one of my Fast Pass initial 3 choices....or on Nov. 8th the stand by line is likely to be around 30 minutes and no big deal??

I don't think you can predict what the wait time for that attraction will be in November.

I would just book Fastpasses for whatever are your priority attractions.

If you want to be strategic, book them as early as possible. The sooner you sign into your third attraction, the sooner you can book a fourth.

Disneyfreak Jen

I can’t do spinny rides, either, but FoP is fine. It’s basically a more intense Soarin.

For frame of reference, I can’t do Star Tours.

Thank you for posting this info. I wasn’t fond of Star Tours, but I LOVE Soarin’, and I’ve been trying to figure out if I should try FOP or bypass it. I think I’m going to give it a go. I can always close my eyes to stop the sensation if it becomes too much. 😊

Tony the Tigger

Thank you for posting this info. I wasn’t fond of Star Tours, but I LOVE Soarin’, and I’ve been trying to figure out if I should try FOP or bypass it. I think I’m going to give it a go. I can always close my eyes to stop the sensation if it becomes too much. 😊

You should enjoy it! There was literally one three or four second spot where the banshee takes a deep dive. I didn’t close my eyes, but kind of went, “whoa.”

(Side note: banshees do not respond to “whoa.” That’s for horses. 😉)

But I don’t even like those kinds of scenes on TV.

StarWarsGirl

I can't do Teacups or spinny rides....but Flight of Passage doesn't spin, correct?
What's it like that would cause motion sickness?
I can do teacups, but I get horribly motion sick on FofP. I'm pretty sure it's an inner ear thing for me. It's a simulator, and a pretty fast moving simulator at that. I get dizzy while it's moving and have to focus on the guide in front of me; I absolutely cannot look around or I will get dizzy. I can only look around when we're stopped. I also end up nauseous. Last time I rode it, I downed a liter of Ginger Ale (which they sell in that gift shop, guessing I'm not the only one who gets sick on that one) after getting off. I will only ride it if we have a first timer in our group, and I make sure I've eaten one hour before, but I'll usually pass it up because I really don't enjoy it. The only other ride at WDW that makes me motion sick is Astro Orbiter.

I would still encourage most to try it once. My mom gets motion sick on tea cups, but does FofP without issue. If you get motion sick on Star Tours or Mission: space, however, I would say skip it. According to others, it's a great ride. My opinion is very tinted.

marialexus

I can't do Teacups or spinny rides....but Flight of Passage doesn't spin, correct?
What's it like that would cause motion sickness?
I get motion sickness also. I can do Soarin and really enjoy it, but we went in Flight of Passage in August and I had to close my eyes during 90% of it. Even though you are sitting on fixed position the motion sensation is extreme. It is a fantastic ride and I wish I could have seen it all but I had to close my eyes.

winstongator

I was provided a list of the most popular Fast Pass Rides/Attractions in each park. The source is a link relating to touringplans.com
As I look at the list which puts the most frequently Fast Passed Rides at the top ....
For Animal Kingdom it looks like this:
1) Kilimanjaro Safari
2)Na'vi River Journey
3)Avatar Flight of Passage
4)Expedition Everest
5)Adventures Outpost
6)Rivers of Light
7)Kali River Rapids
8)Dinosaur
I am a daily poster on WDWMagic and it seems to me that Avatar Flight of Passage is the most coveted ride.
I was shocked to see it ranked #3.
.............................and please tell me about Rivers of Light vs Adventures Outpost.
I know nothing about both but from the titles I have a hunch my wife would prefer Rivers of Light over Adventures Outpost.
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!! :);):cool::happy:
Steve
I think the graphic is how often they recommend it in their plans. Many of their plans might include rope-dropping Flight of Passage, or skipping it altogether. My mom & dad wouldn't ride it, nor would my youngest daughter. Want something iconic Animal Kingdom for everyone - Safari. Their by far highest recommendation for MK is Peter Pan's Flight, which I'd imagine is for the same reason. Hardest FP to get is Mine Train, by a large margin. That's 9th in their list. I do not think they are saying which FP are the hardest to get or most demanded by overall guests.

danheaton

I agree that the capacity is part of it. I also think that Touring Plans is setting up their plans with a rope drop of FOP as part of it. So then you get the FPs for Nav'i River, Kilimanjaro, and maybe Everest or Rivers of Light. That plays a role in the Magic Kingdom too, where they often list Peter Pan as a top choice despite it being an easier get than 7DMT.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Flight of Passage was #1 with Disney customers last week. We were in AK 4 days ago and we waited in the FOP standby line for 2 hours and 45 minutes. I would not do that again but at least now I understand what the big deal is.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Flight of Passage was #1 with Disney customers last week. We were in AK 4 days ago and we waited in the FOP standby line for 2 hours and 45 minutes. I would not do that again but at least now I understand what the big deal is.
I found it to be very intense but I handled it ok by at times closing my eyes.....also looking over at other riders was helpful. Turning away from the massive screen and seeing multiple rows of people secured in their FOP seats made me feel like: "This is just a ride....an amazing ride...but nothing to flip out about" Hopefully the next time I ever go I can get a FP or the Stand by line is not a nightmare duration.😔

Trackmaster

Probably just refers to the actual number of passes handed out. The Na'vi River ride and the Kilimanjaro Safari are relatively to get passes for, but you won't have a prayer at FOP unless you're a hotel guest. FOP has an insanely low capacity (I think I counted 90 dangling pairs of feet -- and they're turned over every 6-7 minutes or so). The other two are continuously loading more or less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom