How close?

TiggersPooh

Original Poster
This prob will not happen...

But I am flying out to SFMM to be on the Discovery Channel we will be out for a week. How close is Disneyland to SFMM? I know I prob wont be able to go but I can wish!

Thanks

SL 1993R

ah Six Flags,,, on the drive hme from Disneyland, we drive pass SFMM. We usually drive passed it just under an hour. Of course this is late in the evening in ideal traffic conditions. SFMM is in Valencia I believe... if you're that close,, go for it..

Merlin

Account Suspended
Unless there is an accident or they're working on the road, you should be able to make it from Magic Mountain to Disneyland in about an hour (maybe an hour, 20 minutes). Just shoot down I-5 south. Definitely worth the drive (especially if you're coming out all the way from Ohio).

TiggersPooh

Original Poster
i hope I can
here is the schedule
they fly us out to cali march 24th
march 25th-tape the show
march 26th-extra day for taping (in case)
march-27th-? nothing I suppose AND MY BIRTHDAY
march 28th-fly back to OHIO :mad

The only day could be the 27th but I dont know if they would giv eus anytime to do things...I hope so!

RU42

If you are in the Valencia area (SFMM) then Disney is a easy hop. If you get take off on the 27th, I would recommend an early departure time to get yourself down south. I am talking like 5:30-6:00 to get yourself by before the worst of the traffic. Just plan on a breakfast at Downtown Disney.

RU

AliciaLuvzDizne

Originally posted by TiggersPooh
This prob will not happen...

But I am flying out to SFMM to be on the Discovery Channel we will be out for a week. How close is Disneyland to SFMM? I know I prob wont be able to go but I can wish!

Thanks

heyy how come you get to be on the discovery channel? :sohappy:
woohoo i wanna see tell me when its on okay :D

TiggersPooh

Original Poster
THe reason why my friend and I are going to be on the Discovery Channel is we sent in an Audition tape....the show is like a Survivor/Amazing Race show involving Thrill Rides!

Cant wait!

The show is supposed to be aired Memorial Weekend (around then)

Disneynutcase

I live 30 minutes from Magic Mountain and an hour from Disneyland just off the 5 freeway. It will NOT take you an hour to go from one to the other--not unless you drive at the dead of night and drive 75+ MPH. If you drive during the day or early evening, expect at least 90 minutes to get from place to place.

If you opt for rush hour 7:00-9:30am and 3:00-7:00pm, it will take you at least 2 if not 3 hours to get from Valencia to Anaheim on the I-5. That freeway is a total parking lot during rush hour--just too many vehicles on the road.

I say go down the night before and stay in a motel near DL or plan to get up early and be on the road by 6:00am. You'll get to DL extra early, but there are plenty of things to do. Downtown Disney isn't really open until 9:00am-ish except for a few restaurants and the World of Disney mega store. You might be better off going to the Grand Californian or the Disneyland Hotel for breakfast and a bit of window shopping. I highly recommend breakfast at Storytellers in the Grand Californian. A little pricey, but nice setting. Plus it's a character meal of sorts--Chip & Dale and the Brer critters are there. I think Mickey in camping gear also shows up--can't remember.

Definately make the trip down if you can, but don't expect to travel at any rapid pace on the I-5 unless you're driving way early or in the middle of the night.

And if you're adventurous (and have a good map), I highly recommend a round-about yet much better moving route--take the 5 south to the 210 east (it's about 10 minutes south of Valencia), go on 210 for a looong time til it becomes the 57 (right around the I-10 interchange). From there, the 57 will take you down to Anaheim. Exit Ball Road. You'll be right at Edison Field (home of the World Series Champion Angels) and at the Pond Ice Arena. If you pass the stadium, you missed the exit. Head west on Ball Road for a few miles (like 2 or 3 total) and you'll run right into Disneyland. We do this route during rush hour and get to DL in about an hour. Just be sure to get a good map.

TiggersPooh

Original Poster
I knew this was going to happen, get my hopes up only for them to be crushed!

We found out last night that the show only plans on having us there until thursday!

so its basically the same

Monday 24th-fly out-connection in Phoenix...
Tuesday-tape show
wednesday-tape show (if needed)
Thursday-fly back to cleveland.(whoo a birthday spent in a plane and airports)

But thank you all for the help and information!

Bagheera

If you're going to be out there anyway, why not ask them if they can set your return flight a day later. You pick up the one extra hotel night, and you get to spend all day at Disneyland. If they're already paying for the ticket, why would it matter which day it's for?

SL 1993R

You can always go down Wed. when they get done with the shooting...

Travelocity has the distance between SFMM and DL as 60.77 miles...

TiggersPooh

Original Poster
eh I guess I am over it now...sure I would have loved to have gone to Disneyland but at least I can enjoy one of my loves! ROLLER COASTERS and thrill rides!

Once again thank you for all the help...it was nice to dream

TiggersPooh

Original Poster
LEAVE IN 2 DAYS!!!!!!

maybe I can buy stuff at the airport about Disneyland LOL!!! or not....

oh well!!!

But still I will be on TV so that makes up for not going to Disneyland!

netenyahoo

I would still ask the company if you could fly a day later. Ask them to film you at DL too! :) I would be so sad if I went all the way to CA and didn't get to go to DL.

TiggersPooh

Original Poster
well I am back...

I had a great time

no DISNEYLAND though :cry: :cry: :cry: but it is ok , well not really LOL

There was no way that I could have gon eto DL on Wednesday like someone mentioned

they taped from 6:30 am to 11:30 PM it was a very very long day...

I will tell you all when it is going to be on TV!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom