How can Soarin' already be a bad show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

downwitheisner

Original Poster
D-troops says their next Bad Show involves "Disney’s latest attraction." What could have possibly happened to that beautiful entrance/queue I saw in March? :( Any information/pictures would be nice.

RSoxNo1

I know there was talk of damage to at least one of the screens. That could be the complaint.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Some people have a very small tolerence for what they consider to be a "bad show", and in many cases, people can be very selective about what they classify as bad show. For example, some people find exposed speakers perfectly acceptable in an attraction that is an Epcot original, such as Spaceship Earth, but completely unacceptable in a new attraction, such as Mission Space or the Land.

Nothing significant has happened to Soarin', and all is well in the pavilion. I wouldnt jump to conclusions based on a vague headline you read online. :)

njblackberry

Also, many people will complain about anything and everything, because they personally know what Walt would have liked. How sad. Soarin' was fantastic!

General Grizz

D'oh. This isn't about Soarin's queue, which was completed with great attention to detail and story. I should have clarified.

It's about a submission we got from SGE. . .

downwitheisner

Original Poster
That makes a lot more sense. That queue looked like crap. I also see you've changed it on the website; thanks for the clarification. I would close this thread if I could.

prberk

I went to their site and did not see what you are talking about. Maybe I missed it, although I did find some posting of everyone's comments (mostly good) about the new Land: http://www.d-troops.com/articles.php?id=538

And I saw their "bad show" discussion about the Tomorrowland Astro-Orbiter moons not spinning (before they were fixed and replaced): http://www.d-troops.com/badshow.php

Griz, uh, er, The General can get a little picky (and probably even biased toward a willingness to overlook problems in originals). But I still see balance represented and encouraged there (even if for debate). But I did NOT see the article or Soarin' "bad show" allegation yet. And even if it is there, I see promise from the other comments that balance it.

Just my thoughts.

Paul

prberk

Sorry. Spent so much time writing my response that I did not see the posts just above mine!!

As Rosanne Roseannadanna would say, "Never mind!"

:)

General Grizz

downwitheisner said:
That makes a lot more sense. That queue looked like crap. I also see you've changed it on the website; thanks for the clarification. I would close this thread if I could.
The issue here isn't as "structural" (i.e. something permanent or show elements revealed), but I will say it is an update on a previous "bad show" (which is simply a compilation of examples of declining upkeep - good show is also celebrated).

In this case, the situtation has just gotten worse. You can determine for yourself on what degree, but the full explaination will come Wednesday when the story will be posted. End of the world? Heck no! It may just require a quick sweep that (as you'll see) hadn't occured for several days or weeks. This "log" is simply a featurette of minor examples, similar to what wdwblues.com featured (they haven't updated their site for several years).

The significance, once again, is based on one's point of view, and commentary is always welcome (e-mail) for effectiveness. (I'll just say that in advance, as I'm out for the evening :) ).

prberk

downwitheisner said:

You can ask a moderator or administrator to close it for you....

(Any moderator or administrator reading, you may wish to close this thread, at the starter's request.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom