How can I stop overthinking my ideas?

mharrington

Original Poster
You could always extend it into fairytale gardens, which is right behind it.
As it is, the initial concept for the Fantasyland overhaul called for several separate meet-n-greets for the Disney princesses, like so (note the Tremaine chateau in particular):
Fantasyland_Full_8602.jpg

However, at some point, it was decided that there was not very much in terms of exciting things to do, and the princess meet-n-greets were concentrated into one area, which, yes, eliminated a dark ride, but as compensation did lead to a family-friendly roller coaster. If I removed the princess meet-n-greet just for a dark ride, where would the princesses go?

Also, to answer @spacemt354's post earlier, just because I may feel it's best, does not mean someone else feels is best. When I brought up a new idea for a Pinocchio ride by where the Speedway is now, @MickeyMouse10 in particular told me that anything Pinocchio-related absolutely has to take the Village Haus into account, or it wouldn't make sense. When people tell me that my idea doesn't make sense, even though I think it does, I tend to assume they're right, or they wouldn't have said anything.

mharrington

Original Poster
I'm sorry for bumping an old thread, but I felt it would be better to carry on with a preexisting one rather than create a new one from scratch...

Another reason I overthink my ideas and try to fit them into preexisting parks and not go for alternate timelines or what-if scenarios is because I'm a bit of a Disney historian. I am quite enamored of Disney history, especially Disney park history, and I always try and utilize that whenever I do things for the parks. I'm always using the past to try and justify the future, if that makes any sense.

It's also the reason I don't like to embark on "what-if" scenarios for, say, a park going in some other country in Europe than France, like Germany. Germany was one of the many countries considered for a park early on, but according to William Silvester, who wrote a whole book on the international Disney parks, Germany was nixed as a potential site because "it was found that most Germans preferred to take their vacations in other countries."

I guess I'm trying to combine being an armchair historian with armchair Imagineering, but obviously, they don't go together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom