How can I get character autographs discreetly?

OhareATC

Original Poster
I will be traveling to WDW next month with a group of people. I have Disney cards made for all of them and was going to give these to them on the last night of our trip. I thought it would be really neat to have them signed by a character. Is there anywhere I could drop off a few cards to get them signed by some characters? Since the group members will be with me at the parks, I didn't want to get the autographs directly from the character since the group members would see that and then the surprise would be spoiled.

Thanks

SAV

Or you could just sign them yourself as the character or get someone else to do it...it would be the same thing and less trouble.

I think half of the "fun" or "magic" or whatever you want to call it is watching the character sign the items. Otherwise it is just a person signing something as a character.

Matt_Black

Or you could just sign them yourself as the character or get someone else to do it...it would be the same thing and less trouble.

It would also be dishonest. Honesty is the best policy.

7a826da8c81b360b46bddd20fa32b74f.jpg

OhareATC

Original Poster
Ask at Guest Relations. They can often get character autographs.
Alright, yeah, I thought guest services had a friend of a character on staff who can autograph certain things, but I couldn't remember for sure. I will stop in and check with them.

Thanks,
Rob

DizneyPryncess

Before Tinkerbell did M&G's, you could drop your book off at City Hall. She would "fly by" and autograph it. So I'm guessing if you stopped by there, you could potentially do the same with other characters as well. :)

Chef Mickey

My opinion: We all know how this works, right?

The only way this is any fun is getting them yourself, in person, from the actual character. Otherwise, what are you really doing? Go to the characters at a dining location and get them yourself.

If you have guest relations do it, you might as well trace them out of a book or sign them yourself.

lpet11984

Ask at Guest Relations. They can often get character autographs.

Thank you! My band program is heading to WDW in April and I was wondering how to thank my chaperones... might be fun to have some characters sign thank you cards, and then have my kids sign them when we get back. Great idea- thanks! :)

Goofyernmost

My opinion: We all know how this works, right?

The only way this is any fun is getting them yourself, in person, from the actual character. Otherwise, what are you really doing? Go to the characters at a dining location and get them yourself.

If you have guest relations do it, you might as well trace them out of a book or sign them yourself.
Because if you see them at the character dining location then Cinderella will actually be Cinderella from cartoon fame and in the dining room Mickey is actually the one and only, real true to life, Mickey Mouse.

I can understand a child asking a question like this, but, I cannot wrap my head around an adult somehow thinking because an underpaid teenager is in a foam suit will make it an authentic autograph. Bubble bursting time. Since none of these characters actually ever existed in real life form, they don't have a signature, they don't exist and never have!

Chef Mickey

Because if you see them at the character dining location then Cinderella will actually be Cinderella from cartoon fame and in the dining room Mickey is actually the one and only, real true to life, Mickey Mouse.

I can understand a child asking a question like this, but, I cannot wrap my head around an adult somehow thinking because an underpaid teenager is in a foam suit will make it an authentic autograph. Bubble bursting time. Since none of these characters actually ever existed in real life form, they don't have a signature, they don't exist and never have!
Well, your premise basically says there are no such thing as Characters, Santa Clause, or the Easter Bunny. That's not fun, but I can't really disagree with your premise.

I'm just saying if you want the signatures, at least go through the process of getting the "real" signatures. Otherwise, I truly see no point. You could just print them out online...

Goofyernmost

Well, your premise basically says there are no such thing as Characters, Santa Clause, or the Easter Bunny. That's not fun, but I can't really disagree with your premise.

I'm just saying if you want the signatures, at least go through the process of getting the "real" signatures. Otherwise, I truly see no point. You could just print them out online...
Bingo!! There is no point. The reason is that there are no "real signatures". How does one get real signatures from entities that do not exist and never have existed, in real form?

For small kids Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny is very real until some well meaning grown-up decides that they just cannot lie to their children and therefore proceed to rip a large part of the joy of childhood away from them just so they can feel better about themselves and how honest they are. Pile of Bunny Droppings, in my opinion.

Kids don't know the difference as long as they continue to believe that those characters are as real as any of the rest of their world. However, they are not aware, hopefully of any special type of signature so flipping over backwards to run around and collect them is just pure folly! Even if someday they would be worth anything, that would be one thing, but, they are of no value other then emotional. That's kids, and for them some of this makes sense. For adults... sorry, but, even though adults should be allowed to let go and have fun, there is nothing to be gained by carrying anything beyond was is just fun and not reality. That's why children are supposed to look up to adults. It is because we have knowledge that they do not possess. We also have the responsibility to dish out that knowledge when the time is appropriate and not one second before.

Daniel Johnson

I will be traveling to WDW next month with a group of people. I have Disney cards made for all of them and was going to give these to them on the last night of our trip. I thought it would be really neat to have them signed by a character. Is there anywhere I could drop off a few cards to get them signed by some characters? Since the group members will be with me at the parks, I didn't want to get the autographs directly from the character since the group members would see that and then the surprise would be spoiled.

Thanks
You whisper

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom