How busy in September?

DSMDGA

Original Poster
Turns out we'll be in Orlando next month, and will be able to spend Sept 15 & 16, a Thursday and Friday, at Universal. I know I could get official answers from Universal, but I'm very experienced with Disney parks, and I think this forum gives better advice than their official sources. I'm hoping it's the same for Uni. We're going for the parks and rides, and don't plan on any fancy dining, etc. We plan on getting 2 day park to park tickets. I haven't been there in many years, not since Harry Potter was built. My husband has never been to a big theme park. We're big Harry Potter fans. How busy would you expect to find the parks in mid-September? I've thought about staying one night at the Cabana Bay Beach Resort to get early entry, but I'd rather not spend the money if we don't have to. Will we need it? Would a one night stay give us early entry on both our arriving and departing days for a one night stay? While they advertise early entry into Harry Potter, would it be early entry into all of the parks? Would it be worth the expense of staying on site? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

MsBeaver83

We will be there all that week .. I have been twice to Universal the same time of the month a few years ago and it has always been slow. I think the longest I waited for a ride was about 20 minutes for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. Hoping that will be the case again this year. The days we went weren't on the HHN so I don't know how that effects it.

MsBeaver83

We will be there all that week .. I have been twice to Universal the same time of the month a few years ago and it has always been slow. I think the longest I waited for a ride was about 20 minutes for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. Hoping that will be the case again this year. The days we went weren't on the HHN so I don't know how that effects it.

MsBeaver83

Just wanted to add I am going with my mother-in-law because she has a conference in Orlando. She said that they are closing off part of Harry Potter for them on Thursday evening, I don't know how that will effect things. The event is supposed to be from 7pm-10pm.

JoeCamel

Just wanted to add I am going with my mother-in-law because she has a conference in Orlando. She said that they are closing off part of Harry Potter for them on Thursday evening, I don't know how that will effect things. The event is supposed to be from 7pm-10pm.

7pm Thursday is normal closing for IOA so they will setup the private event and there will be no interaction between the day guests and the event guests.

DSMDGA

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. We decided to stay on site, so we'll have early entry into Harry Potter both mornings. I hope we experience the same lack of crowds you've experienced that week in the past!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom