How busy in Nov?

Mousebounce

Original Poster
Hi everyone! I am new here and planning our first trip to Disney. I was just curious as to how crowded it is during the first week of November. I know a lot of NJ teachers visit that week, including myself, because we all have off. But I was just curious about what to expect in terms of crowds. Thanks in advance for any help!

My family and I went every November for 3 years in a row. We loved it, although we went the week of Thanksgiving. I wont say anything about crowding because for Disney it never felt crowded that time of year. I remember getting to ride several rides over and over without having to get off. I highly recommend going in November. The weather is still nice, wait times are not bad at all, much less crowded, etc....I could go on and on.

We stopped going that time of year to do Thanksgiving at home but I've also been in July (would not suggest that for your first time) and January, which I actually think was better than November. Except the weather was nicer in Nov.

Hope this helps, enjoy your trip!

Mousebounce

Original Poster
Thank you so much for responding! We are staying at the Grand Floridian because that is the only resort that had an opening when we booked in July. I really wanted to have the monorail due to our two year old daughter. We are paying through the lungs (hehe) but I know it will be worth it!

The year before last we went to Disney World for the first week in November and just into the second week. And for us, it was pretty busy. However, we are always used to going on off seasons and walking on most rides. But we are used to crowd levels of about 4-5, on a scale of 1-10 this was a 7-8. We still were able to ride most everything, it just wasn't as enjoyable as usual for us. When we returned, we saw that most sites named this week "Jersey Week" because of the crowds. You could check out touringplans.com for more specific information. Hope you have fun!

Mousebounce

Original Poster
Thank you for your response. I was feeling a bit apprehensive because rooms at the Contemp, Poly, and GF were hard to come by, but I was hoping it was due to the Food and Wine Festival.

I too would suggest seeing if there were tour groups going the same time as you. With it being off season more tour groups may be inclined to go. For me personally (and it probably depends on who you ask and what time in Nov. they went) November was a heck of a lot less crowded than when we went during peak season in July.
~Also, I think its a great time of year to take a young child because the intense FL heat shouldn't be as bad.~

Eyekimore

DHS hosts the Super Soap Weekend in the beginning of November- this could also be a reason for the lack of hotel choices.

As a Jersey teacher who has gone down on Teacher Convention- it's a great time weather-wise to visit. As fas as lines are concerned- they're nothing compared to Christmas-time. Just be on the look out! You never know when you'll run into a student! It's happened to me!

Have a great time!

Iceviper123

The weather in Florida is definitely better in November.
It's not as hot and so on.

The crowds are not as bad as the summer time but, even if it was I wouldn't mind because the heat isn't so bad in November. :)

Have a nice trip. :sohappy:

Tinkerbella16

We go in November (second week) every year and we love it! The weather is gorgeous, its not crowded, and the Christmas decor is up...and they are amazing! Last year we didn't get a drop of rain, everyday the whole week there was sunshine, barley spotted a cloud...and we didn't have long lines for any of the rides. I wouldn't wanna go any other time of the year to WDW...it is absolutely great. You will enjoy it.

LoriMistress

During the first week of November the crowds aren't too bad. Out of a scale between 1 (no one is there) to 10 (wall-to-wall people); it's probably a 6. I went to WDW during the second week of November five years ago and the crowds were very reasonable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom