How big are the drops in EE?

DBV

Original Poster
I am thinking that this year I can convince my son to go on TMRR. Last year he went on Splash Mountain and was a bit frightened by the drops (and held a grudge against me... hahaha).

Is EE more like the RR, or are there big drops?

No spoilers please.

Space Mountain

There is one big drop, and you do go backwards sloping down and then turning back up. Then another small drop with a turn. (<<<Not in any particular order to avoid spoilers)

Length: 4424'
Height: 112'
Drop: 80'
Inversions: 0
Speed: 50 mph

Riders must be 44" or taller to ride.

WallyWorld

Just rose it with my 5 + 7 year old.....they are glad they did it.....we watched the video of the making of it. It was my 5yo 1st coaster and the 7yo only went on Splash prior to that. We used Test track as a warm up.

When asked if they wanted to ride again.....they said no....but have'nt stopped talking about it since. Every time they see a pic.....they say "I did it!"

Just my 2 cents:lookaroun

Spring Breeze

I am thinking that this year I can convince my son to go on TMRR. Last year he went on Splash Mountain and was a bit frightened by the drops (and held a grudge against me... hahaha).

Is EE more like the RR, or are there big drops?

No spoilers please.
Very G Forceness.. i can only ride once a day cause i get terribley sick (yes i do have a slight motion sickness problem..but not enough to not allow me to ride the attraction as such)

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
Gosh...in terms of sharp turns and jerkyness... I consider EE smooth as silk. BTMR is by far rougher than EE. But then EE is much much faster and has the one drop that is much more intense.

I could ride EE all day long (well not really but you know what I mean:lol: )...but BTMR would bore me after about 20 trips (if not start to hurt my neck or back) before then.

DisneyMusician2

How do the drops compare with the big one on the end of Splash Mountain? Just a curiosity, I was last there in April and the ride wasn't operating properly so I didn't get to ride...

goof29

Ee

EE drop is almost twice as tall as Splash. I have ridden it 34 times in one day...it gets better every time. :)

dzlandSr

Gosh...in terms of sharp turns and jerkyness... I consider EE smooth as silk. BTMR is by far rougher than EE. But then EE is much much faster and has the one drop that is much more intense.

I could ride EE all day long (well not really but you know what I mean:lol: )...but BTMR would bore me after about 20 trips (if not start to hurt my neck or back) before then.

So would you call Expedition Everest: Big Thunder Mountain on steroids?

Is it fair to say that Expedition Everest is a little more intense than Big Thunder but less intense compared to Rockin' Rollercoaster? I've never rode Rockin' Rollercoaster but have done Thunder Mountain. Just curious as I'm about to head to world in 2 weeks. :D

goof29

Now I don't by any means think EE is a thrill ride on the same level as what most other parks in the country offer (in terms of being 400 feet tall or going 80 mph or anything like that)....however Big Thunder is a kiddie ride compared to EE. To me they don't even compare.

Everytime I ride it there are small children getting off of it and right back on b/c they love it so much. I'm absolutely not a roller coaster person, so to me it's just the perfect amount of thrill.

Everyone's threshold is different though.

dzlandSr

Sounds like I'm gonna enjoy this ride (after my 1st ride :eek: ) I understand where you're coming from in regards to everyone's threshold being different. I can do TOT, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain but can't do the tea cups or Francis Lady Bug Boogie out at California Adventure because the spinning makes me dizzy :dazzle: While I enjoy Thunder Mountain, sometimes it seems too slow or not exciting enough (don't get me wrong I love this ride) so this will take it up a notch. I always tell the group I'm with before my first ride let me go to the exit and see how many kids come off crying and then I'll decide whether to ride or not. :lol:

goof29

LOL That's me. EE is so much fun though....just make sure to take your time through the queue and look take in as much of the story as you can. The two best seats are the very front (you can see over the side of the mountain at one point) and the very back (you get the best view of the Yeti).

Have fun!!

Harry456

are you sure you kids held a grudge? B/C being a ex-coasterphoia, i would deny the great enjoyment of a ride just so i wouldn't ride it again for some reason.

Not to be mean, but just force your kids on. First try some less thrilling rides and build-up to EE. (build up confedence) Like ride SM, TMRR, Splash Mts. So when you hit EE, say you rode all the thrilling ride and this one is no different. Hey, if they ride it and hate it? just not go on it, but you never know until you try.

Just try it.

haggerwood

my 4 year old loved EE last month we told her it was a train ride to get her on it the good thing is you can sit next to them and that helps them feel better about it. Slash she hated and wont do it again because of the drop and the water in her eyes she called it the "water in my eyes ride" and she wont go on it again but EE she loved she loved everything about it she got off and was jumping up and down saying she wanted to do it again.

H20Babie

My son (5) has been on Splash, Big Thunder and, of course, the Barnstormer. He loves Test Track, etc. I think he would love EE since he loves the speed and roller coaster rides (this trip will be our first since EE opened, we last saw it near the end of completion). However, the commercial promos, etc., have scared the beejesus out of him because of the Yeti. We watched a video of the ride on YouTube but that backfired once he saw the Yeti.

Is the "Yeti sighting" that scary for children? Any suggestions to help him get over his fear? (He also dislikes Malestrom because of the trolls!) :D

Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom