How bad are the crowds during Easter?

wellie4

Hello,

We'll be going to WDW in April for Easter week. The past times we've been at WDW it's been late Summer. (I love the thunderstorms!) It's always seemed crowded then. But this year, we thought it would be different to try going when it wasn't as hot and humid. I'm going to miss the rain!:( But in any event, now I've been told that it's really crowded there during Easter. But I was wondering "How Crowded?" Is it as crowded as July 4th week? I'm a Disneyland Annual Passholder, so would it compare to New Years Eve at DL. Any comparisions would be appreciated. I try to plan our vacation out in a rough layout so we can plan dining options before we go and I just want to be as realistic about how much I think we can or can not see that week.

Thanks,

~Noelle

TURKEY

Crowds for Easter shouldn't be as bad as they have been in the previous years I don't think. Easter is extremely late. Most of the spring breaks are done by then and school will start being out within a month.

It will still be crowded, but I don't think it will be as bad as 4th of July.

Upvote 0

roysta123

I was in WDW for last Easter. On Easter Sunday in the Magic Kingdom, you litterally couldn't move at all. The crowds were insane. I have never seen that many people watching the 3 o'clock parade in my entire life.

Upvote 0

MinnieFan

My husband and I were there the week before Easter a few years ago (pre- fastpass) and it WAS crowded. We just went with the flow. Don't let the crowds get to you and you and your family will have a magical time. :)

Upvote 0

Grumpy56

We were there the week before Easter last year and it was very crowded. We had a great time, though. The parks were open late, there was lots of entertainment, the weather was just about perfect (not too hot!) and we paced ourselves. My advice is stay on site, take that pool break in the afternoon, get to the parks early, go back in the evenings and use FASTPASS. You will have a great time.

Upvote 0

TIGGER-FAN

My wife and I where there for Easter 2002 and it was very crowded. The park never hit capacity but was wall to wall people. Don't worry about the crowds just have a good time. Fast Pass the have to rides. Also during that time they usualy extend the hours and the park tends to empty out after the fireworks.

Upvote 0

Bryy2001

YES IT IS CROWDED

The family and I go every year for 10 or 12 days near the 3rd week of March (at any rate it is close to Easter in a normal year). It is crowded, not unbearable, but certainly patience trying, especially when you get really close to Easter. Be forewarned, it is VERY HOT and VERY HUMID at that time of year too. Seeing that Easter is late this year and most Spring Breaks are before it, the crowds may be down a little, but still expect a whole lot of people there, I know from experience.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

( Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and repeat 3 times......)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Crowds are a GOOD thing.....

The Parks are open longer, there is more excitment in the air, Carrousel of Prgress will most likely be open, and disney will make money for new attractions!

WOOHOO!!!! :sohappy:

Well, it won't make the crowds any smaller, but I feel better now.....hope you do too!

:lol:

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
If you can handle walking with the flow of a crowd of people leaving a stadium after a sporting event ALL DAY, then you should have no problem then. :lol:

Upvote 0

coasterfan101

Do these unbearable crowds that you talk of die down the week after Easter (starting the day after Easter)?

PLEASE SAY YES
PLEASE SAY YES
PLEASE SAY YES!

*Alright, so you'll probably say No, but maybe if I wish upon a star.......;)

Upvote 0

fjulie1

We were there last Easter and the few days before the weekend were not bad but saturday got real crowded. You really could not get around. The good thing was later hours and the parks were really not crowded at all after 9 pm.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom